A massive thanks to @MattW <3 for moving us to a new VPS using Centminmod installation. The site is very snappy for me. We would love to hear your feedback on the speed of the site! Be good to hear from people all over the world!

Last edited:
A massive thanks to @MattW <3 for moving us to a new VPS using Centminmod installation. The site is very snappy for me. We would love to hear your feedback on the speed of the site! Be good to hear from people all over the world!
wow and whats your monthly spending on the vps ? im stack with Bluehost pro plan for 3 years and I cant get a refund lol

Forum looks great! I like how easy it is on the eyes. alot of forums try to use bright colors to attention grab, but it winds up blinding the user and makes them wanna leave to get their vision back.

Nice work!

I really wanted our own homepage, rather than having the forums as the landing page. Let me know what you think!

Things done:
Custom footer added.
Landing page added (a page of widgets, will be populated with more soon).
Welcome header with benefits of joining.
I like it! I was interested in adding a welcome banner other than the standard welcome and register banner. Good idea. Take a look at what all i have done to my site since last time we talked!! Https://greasygamer.com

I like it! I was interested in adding a welcome banner other than the standard welcome and register banner. Good idea. Take a look at what all i have done to my site since last time we talked!! Https://greasygamer.com
I'd highly recommend it. I think it's helped with registrations since I've added it. But yes, your site looks fantastic since we last spoke it has improved!o

Last edited:
It excites me to announce our new landing page called Home. Some of you may already have noticed the change from the past couple of days but things have been updated since and I wanted to share with you some useful features this page offers.

Firstly, we have "Latest activity". This widget usually picks up all the latest user activity, every 15 seconds, without having to refresh the page. The widget polls for new content even when the page is out of focus, meaning you can browse your favourite websites in other tabs and still receive updates! This works on all devices including mobile.

Secondly, we have "Gaming Forum" and "General Forum". Now these two widgets also poll for new content from the Gaming node and General node every few seconds as described above. As a member, you get the option to set the record limit via the Settings (cog icon) tab and can be done individually.

Below that, we have the "Latest News" widget. This one does not poll for live content as I create news on a day to day basis and will not be required. But my most favourite part of this feature is you can select your desired platform news via the tabs. The best part is, even when you refresh, you will still remain on the selected tab, meaning you can follow desired news all the time. There may be more choices and tabs in the near future.

Lastly, we have two new sidebar widgets we hope our users will find useful. One is "Hottest threads" which is ordered by replies, views and reaction score. This widget should hopefully give threads the recognition for their popularity based on the criteria mentioned. The other is "Overall top posters", again, we wanted to recognise those who show support to the forum by being our active members. I will also be introducing a new tab for "Monthly top posters" later in the week. These two widgets do not offer live content.

The homepage also polls for updated alert/conversation counts.

So that is all for the time being. This should encourage more activity, in the hope that our members find it useful.

Live: https://www.joyfreak.com/

Our previous landing page was the forums which can still be accessed as normal here: https://www.joyfreak.com/forums/

Tell us what you think? What are you most excited about? Do you have any suggestions that you would like to see that would benefit all members? We would love to hear them!

Last edited:
Top Bottom