They're not really articles, they are threads and the content is dependant on the author. It's like a thread list but a preview of the actual posts. I agree that the frontpage needs some visual flare but some posts do offer that with embedded media/images. I watched XenForo's insights episode 1 which suggested to use the latest posts as a the homepage but felt an article view is a lot better visually so went with that.

I would love to be able to try that option in my forum but I do not have the necessary knowledge to establish my own script that adds the last posts as articles on the main page.

Is development difficult? Could you give some hint or help on how to do it? I say more, haven't you thought about uploading it as a resource? I would pay it without a doubt.

I would love to be able to try that option in my forum but I do not have the necessary knowledge to establish my own script that adds the last posts as articles on the main page.

Is development difficult? Could you give some hint or help on how to do it? I say more, haven't you thought about uploading it as a resource? I would pay it without a doubt.
You can easily achieve it with XenForo 2.2's article thread types (Expanded display). It's a number of steps but it can be done without the need of an add-on. I haven't really been on much as I've been busy with other things lately but when I do get a chance, I can write up a guide for you to follow. I have a few others who are interested too but will need to make time for this as it's not a straight forward thing.

You can easily achieve it with XenForo 2.2's article thread types (Expanded display). It's a number of steps but it can be done without the need of an add-on. I haven't really been on much as I've been busy with other things lately but when I do get a chance, I can write up a guide for you to follow. I have a few others who are interested too but will need to make time for this as it's not a straight forward thing.

It would be great if you could make a tutorial explaining how to do it. Adding a widget of new expanded themes is easy, but that they appear on the main site as if they were in a node with their corresponding "read more" limiting the text to a certain number of characters ... that's the key point! I encourage you to write it, many of us will be anxiously waiting for it.

Unless your main site is triggering the articles node, this is not the case for you, is it? A hug

Hi,

Just a quick message to say a new theme for JoyFreak has been in the works for a week now and we've decided to push out the update today. There's currently the light theme but the dark theme will soon follow.

Let us know what you think of it.

Gaming Forum

joyfreak-theme.webp

It looks really good, but I was thinking this really looks familiar. So good job on making it yourself.

Looks like you just copied the style @Webinsane has been working on.

It looks really good, but I was thinking this really looks familiar. So good job on making it yourself.

Looks like you just copied the style @Webinsane has been working on.

The front page is definitely inspired by that theme. I did try get in contact with the designer through different methods but haven't heard back. I also got in touch with other designers to see if they could replicate the design but decided to have a crack at it myself. The rest I improvised :).

Top Bottom