Game Servers [Deleted]

Hey, sorry to be a pain but I've had 2301 (udp, outgoing) opened on the web server, changed to source server and have set port=2302, query port=2301 but still getting 0/0. Do I need to open 2302 as well?

Hey, sorry to be a pain but I've had 2301 (udp, outgoing) opened on the web server, changed to source server and have set port=2302, query port=2301 but still getting 0/0. Do I need to open 2302 as well?
You shouldn't have to. Do you have any errors in your xenforo server log?

edit: I just took a look at your website and it's showing the playing count. Don't forget to refresh the server info when testing, as it doesn't (automatically) update straight after editing a server.

I've set it manually via the CP but after a couple of minutes it will bounce back to 0/0*. Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't jump in game to add a player so I'll leave it till I can test properly, I've checked that I can see the arma server on 2301 from the web server using nmap and that seems okay. Thanks for your help, it's appreciated.

* it seems to be holding it now, hopefully that's it working.

I've set it manually via the CP but after a couple of minutes it will bounce back to 0/0*. Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't jump in game to add a player so I'll leave it till I can test properly, I've checked that I can see the arma server on 2301 from the web server using nmap and that seems okay. Thanks for your help, it's appreciated.

* it seems to be holding it now, hopefully that's it working.
Yeah if it can't connect it will set the status to 0/0, so if it's holding after 5-10 mins, it should be working.

Hi @ceribik , I've tried this plugin. But the count keeps resetting to 0/0. I'm running Counter Strike 1.6, and tried with both port and query port 27015. Still no luck.

I've also tried to set the cron to update all the time. Any idea what this might be? Running last XF and last release of Game Servers.

Update: It seems to be the provider hosting my site. I tried the plugin on a XF Dev site, running on IIS 7, and the plugin worked there. I've contacted the provider to help solve it. Do you know of any typical problems that these providers have, which results in this error? Seems like some of the users in here has experienced the providers blocking communication between the servers and the website. But could it be limitation on the PHP version at the providers end?

Last edited:
It's likely to be ports being blocked, ask them to open up 27015. So far every issue I've had has been down to blocked ports. You can check with nmap to see if you can connect to external servers - for the command line version try this (for linux): sudo nmap -sU -PN <serverip> -p<port number>

Hi @ceribik , I've tried this plugin. But the count keeps resetting to 0/0. I'm running Counter Strike 1.6, and tried with both port and query port 27015. Still no luck.

I've also tried to set the cron to update all the time. Any idea what this might be? Running last XF and last release of Game Servers.

Update: It seems to be the provider hosting my site. I tried the plugin on a XF Dev site, running on IIS 7, and the plugin worked there. I've contacted the provider to help solve it. Do you know of any typical problems that these providers have, which results in this error? Seems like some of the users in here has experienced the providers blocking communication between the servers and the website. But could it be limitation on the PHP version at the providers end?

See the FAQ:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/game-servers.2652/field?field=faq

It's most likely their PHP configuration, but it could also be their firewall. Some budget hosts block all non-essential ports.

It would be nice to see if a server is actually offline.
It seems that an offline TS3 Server is still displayed with 0/XX. This looks simply like an empty server, not like an offline server.

It would be nice to have a variable like $server.online to determine if $server.num_players==0 actually means that no users are on the Server or the server ist offline

It would be nice to see if a server is actually offline.
It seems that an offline TS3 Server is still displayed with 0/XX. This looks simply like an empty server, not like an offline server.
Offline servers should be displayed as 0/0. I'm planning to add more display options (for offline servers) in the next version.

It would be nice to have a variable like $server.online to determine if $server.num_players==0 actually means that no users are on the Server or the server ist offline
I could probably add something like that too.

Update coming out in the next day or two:

- Added the option to customise how an offline server is displayed: -, 0/0, ?
- Added $server.online template variable
- Fixed ArmA2, ArmA2: OA, ArmA3 and DayZ mod to support source query protocol
- Fixed battlefield 4 server 'Undefined offset: 23' error

ceribik updated Game Servers with a new update entry:

Game Servers v1.0.4

Change Log
  • Added the option to customise how an offline server is displayed: -, 0/0, ?
  • Added $server.online template variable
  • Fixed ArmA2, ArmA2: OA, ArmA3 and DayZ mod to support source query protocol
  • Fixed battlefield 4 server 'Undefined offset: 23' error
  • Cleaned some templates
Update Procedure
1. Upload all the contents of the 'upload' folder into your root xenforo directory
2. Update with the XML
3. Merge any template changes (if you edited any...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Two part question:
1) My game server box is displayed but there is no way for a person to click the server link to join. The settings in the backend are setup: http://lnlpublishing.com/ts3.png

2) Where is the template code for how it displays on the side bar? I want to move it so it is between the Gallery and the User Usage: http://lnlpublishing.com/example.png

Thanks
1. You have to enable the show join links options in the addon options page. You can access it from either the normal xenforo options page, or through the admin sidebar. Or use this: http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/admin.php?options/list/gameservers_options

2. All the template code is prefixed with gameservers_. If you're just using the regular template code (see the installation instructions) and not Widget Framework or XenPorta, then the server listing will appear where ever you include this template. Does this help?

Would there be any reason the game icons aren't showing, despite me specifying them in the add-on?
It needs to be enabled in options (like the join URLs in my post above). Some people didn't want them so I made it optional.

It needs to be enabled in options (like the join URLs in my post above). Some people didn't want them so I made it optional.
Well, I do have it enabled. Perhaps it's a matter of my sidebar or something, idk. I went ahead and installed that widgetframework thing and all is well. Thanks

Last edited:
1. You have to enable the show join links options in the addon options page. You can access it from either the normal xenforo options page, or through the admin sidebar. Or use this: http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/admin.php?options/list/gameservers_options

2. All the template code is prefixed with gameservers_. If you're just using the regular template code (see the installation instructions) and not Widget Framework or XenPorta, then the server listing will appear where ever you include this template. Does this help?

I did enable all those settings. Turns out our Game Server host shut down... Problem solved.

I will have to get back to you about #2

Top Bottom