Game Servers [Deleted]

Alright. I installed from that link and i installed the addon block. I still cannot get it to be on the sidebar.

Revisited this. It is working and everything. Just one request/question. Is it possible to have the "Join" text next to the servers a different color? Or is that style dependent?

Revisited this. It is working and everything. Just one request/question. Is it possible to have the "Join" text next to the servers a different color? Or is that style dependent?
It's based off one of the style colours, but you can always manually edit the colour in gameservers_widget_servers_td if you know CSS.

It's based off one of the style colours, but you can always manually edit the colour in gameservers_widget_servers_td if you know CSS.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.gameservers_show_join}">
    <td class="gs1" align="center">
        <xen:if is="{$server.join_url} != ''">
            <a class="connect" title="Click to connect" href="{$server.join_url}">Join</a>
        </xen:if>
    </td>

Where would i edit the CSS? I don't see it.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.gameservers_show_join}">
    <td class="gs1" align="center">
        <xen:if is="{$server.join_url} != ''">
            <a class="connect" title="Click to connect" href="{$server.join_url}">Join</a>
    </td>

Where would i edit the CSS? I don't see it.
Try editing the end of gameservers_widget.css
.connect {
}

Hm ok :( only game tracker can display ..... so this is s..... they don't support https...
As far as I know, they only support servers that you rent through them. They must be using a custom solution to access the information. There is no public query protocol that I can find.

It's not feasible unfortunately as the server does not provide any query interface.

lgsl_image.php

I get so tired of devs saying that, when it is wholly untrue. The truth is the GameQ devs are too lazy to create the protocol query php for the game. I have even provided them with the necessary info to do so, and NOPE! Saying it is not feasible when clearly it is....?

lgsl_image.php

I get so tired of devs saying that, when it is wholly untrue. The truth is the GameQ devs are too lazy to create the protocol query php for the game. I have even provided them with the necessary info to do so, and NOPE! Saying it is not feasible when clearly it is....?
Are you referring to your request here?: https://github.com/Austinb/GameQ/issues/189

The GameQ dev can't add support unless you provide the requested information.

Admittedly they didn't respond for 6 months, but that doesn't mean you can't reopen the request.

That is the one, did you read thru that thread? I offered he never responded.

I then sent this email directly.

Good day!

I was just wondering if you were still supporting the GameQ v2 development?

If so, would you add support for Black Ops? I have the protocol info you were asking for.

Thanks.
Charles

No reply.

Follow up email with a reply.

Do you still get your emails? You never seem to reply.

Can you still add support for Black Ops? I have the protocol info, just need to incorporate it into GameQ.

Also, if you still need to test FFoW let me know. I will idle in one of my servers for you.

Thanks
Charles

Yea I do but I have been extremely busy with other projects. If you want to have a game added please open up a new issue on the github page.

Regards,
Austin

So he wants me to open it again? How about you just stick with the REQ that was already started. I offered to provide the protocol queries used, a server and rcon for that server.

Here again, no response.

https://github.com/Austinb/GameQ/issues/55

Mr GameQ V3 doesnt want to bother because you need the rcon password to query?!

https://github.com/kostya0shift/GameQ3/issues/12

If ever the protocol script were written, you would need to have in the setup for the server the ability to add the rcon protocol that will need to be passed in order to query the server. It is quite simple to do, as you can see in my banner. That is done with LGSL. Since you use GameQ and not LGSL it is not compatible.

FYI each one of those github reqs sends an email to the githubs owner. So it is not like they didnt get the message in a timely manner, they just have no real interest in creating the protocol query script.

lgsl_image.php

Hey I understand your grief being I been doing this for 15 years with helping Devs and getting help but if they are doing this stuff for free in their spare time beating them down in a public forum isn't going to help you or anyone else!

I would suggest you refrain from this type of behavior as it makes them not want to do anything even less as it would be in my case!

The add your rcon thing is something that can be done with something other than a query engine.

I have found this script here which I am sure you have seen
http://www.cybopat.net/codbo/codbo_serverinfo/codboserverinfo_081.zip

It's a stand alone script but I do not have a COD Black Ops server...

I think it's possible they already have the basic query working for COD in their script you just need to figure out where to add the rcon to it...

Top Bottom