Add-on Game Server Integration

Ok I finally got my server back up you can look at my site might load a bit slow:rolleyes: www.cozworld.com I would like to be able to do what I have on it as it is now with the game server blocks with list of players and map images and teamspeak with the channel icons. Leaving the ability to add a bit of pizzazz/flair above the server blocks would be nice. With LGSL you can create zones and then you can set each zone in a frame. I usually put sets of certain games in zones like I have 4 TF2, 8 NMRIH and 8 KF2 servers each set of servers are in their own zones. I also have each block set to auto refresh... I am not a coder so it might seem kind of ugly but I do what I think looks cool to me am sure there is a better way to do things but I think my ideas are functional just not good to use inframe the way I have it.

All the ideas I use were from gameserver mod addons I used from PHPNuke many many years ago just can't give up on the style...:confused:
Just a heads up that your TeamSpeak server block constantly refreshes itself. That's probably...not good.

The load hit is from the forum feeds the teamspeak refresh is in a frame doesn't really effect the site or server at all and its cache as well...

The load hit is from the forum feeds the teamspeak refresh is in a frame doesn't really effect the site or server at all and its cache as well...
I don't want to hijack the thread, but just figured I would mention it since I noticed my browser constantly showing the loading and figured I would mention it. If it's no concern then no worries.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but just figured I would mention it since I noticed my browser constantly showing the loading and figured I would mention it. If it's no concern then no worries.
Yeah it's meant to do that as a way of showing if anyone hopped into the server... I guess if it were hard coded into the site there could be a switch someone could either turn it off or on.

Yeah the current system is that all users are stored into the database and is refreshed every 5 minutes. I will add widget support for individual servers so it should be an easy transition.

The external services part now lets you define an addon to link it to and can be exported for easy installation.

I am also starting to code up profile blocks that will let you define callbacks to render individual blocks within a players profile page, like SourceBans records, gameme stats, etc.

SourceBans integration has hit a snag with the admin edit page, as trying to make it work with the SB database is gonna be a nightmare, so may take longer than thought.

Yeah the current system is that all users are stored into the database and is refreshed every 5 minutes. I will add widget support for individual servers so it should be an easy transition.

The external services part now lets you define an addon to link it to and can be exported for easy installation.

I am also starting to code up profile blocks that will let you define callbacks to render individual blocks within a players profile page, like SourceBans records, gameme stats, etc.

SourceBans integration has hit a snag with the admin edit page, as trying to make it work with the SB database is gonna be a nightmare, so may take longer than thought.
You're the best!

What issue are you having with SourceBans. We have done custom work with integrating SourceBans into our XenForo installation to handle admin permissions. Just curious if any of the work I've had done could be useful to you.

What issue are you having with SourceBans. We have done custom work with integrating SourceBans into our XenForo installation to handle admin permissions. Just curious if any of the work I've had done could be useful to you.
Bringing up an edit admin page and dealing with it there.

I finished a basic server block widget. Let's you choose a server and will display it.

I've also decided to rewrite the handler system into a base handler, where multiple ones can be extended. You can also define options for a server type, along with a template to render within the server types edit page. This allows you to create a query handler that can have unlimited options in any styling fashion.

Next I will be applying this to the server edit page to display any further options that may need to be filled out, and the external services edit page. It will also be used to render profile blocks and I'll code up a caching system to limit queries on the frontend.

This will hopefully allow for any usecase to be possible, for any query handler.

Also need to deal with server types that don't have maps and allow for a default icon. Probably just gonna be in the campaign called 'default server image' and will display instead of a map if it does not exist.

I also need to rethink the player grabbing functionality, as it doesn't work for custom views like a teamspeak viewer (just outputs the client, but linking to existing users works just fine) and may cause huge amounts of entries if a player identity is not found. (If I decide to not do anything about it, I'll just end up making it so it removes a player if they are inactive for X amount of time, and do not have an identity)

The addon is taking a huge amount of time and I have no idea how much longer it will take, it really needs to be fully dynamic so it won't be limited like LGSL or VBGamez. It will essentially make it usable for any case.

Bringing up an edit admin page and dealing with it there.
I'll be honest, don't try to recreate the SourceBans admin panel. We can still install that and manage that separately as a community owner. As long as XenForo shows the database and allows us to remove the bans, mutes, gags from XenForo and add bans from XenForo, no big deal.
The addon is taking a huge amount of time and I have no idea how much longer it will take, it really needs to be fully dynamic so it won't be limited like LGSL or VBGamez. It will essentially make it usable for any case.
Totally understand, but what you probably have now is more than most have. I think you might keep going like this, constantly refining without releasing. I think establishing a limit for yourself and then working from that would be better than trying to make the most complete solution. Sometimes the most complete solution is a pipe dream that culminates after years of work and releases ;).

Totally understand, but what you probably have now is more than most have. I think you might keep going like this, constantly refining without releasing. I think establishing a limit for yourself and then working from that would be better than trying to make the most complete solution. Sometimes the most complete solution is a pipe dream that culminates after years of work and releases ;).
Right now I need to finish the handler system and options management for future additions, as well as finish up profile blocks system. I also need to really do more with the statistics as well.

But I would say it's about 60% done.

Regarding the server side to the Game-servers addon has anyone made a plugin for amxmodx for SourceBans yet? I am still using amxbans but am always leary hosting it http://cozworld.com/amxbans/view.php

The other is wishful thinking for someone to make a fork for the Unreal Engine like with KF2 which does use Steam Names as well but obviously will not work with Sourcebans for admins without someone making an addon but website querys the KF2 query's work fine http://sourcebans.cozworld.com/

Just an idea I thought the possibility to have servers attached to certain forums as well?

Like for instance if you had Team Fortress 2 specific forum the servers would be listed in there at top, side or bottom... Of course you would have to assign the servers to those forums but thought it would be interesting way to advertise your servers within your site almost like how Google Adsense follows you..

Just an idea I thought the possibility to have servers attached to certain forums as well?

Like for instance if you had Team Fortress 2 specific forum the servers would be listed in there at top, side or bottom... Of course you would have to assign the servers to those forums but thought it would be interesting way to advertise your servers within your site almost like how Google Adsense follows you..
Once I code up the handler caching system I could make a helper and make it possible to do that without any additional queries. I'm still working on the handler system, query handlers have been scrapped completely for event listeners, and it works right now with server types and query handlers. I'm going to start working on the profile blocks system, make statistics better, and maybe reformat the players system to support non-linked users.

The other thing I loved about VBGameZ was the ability for anyone to upload a map pic and that it showed the location of the map pic to administration.

I still cannot believe your doing all of this! If you want I am willing to donate (Buy you a Beer or Coffee) to help inspire your project or I'll add a few bucks when I buy it whenever it becomes available...

The other thing I loved about VBGameZ was the ability for anyone to upload a map pic and that it showed the location of the map pic to administration.

I still cannot believe your doing all of this! If you want I am willing to donate (Buy you a Beer or Coffee) to help inspire your project or I'll add a few bucks when I buy it whenever it becomes available...
All I know is it's probably gonna be the most powerful game server integration software available :)

For the maps I currently let any user upload an image, but I'll be adding a moderation queue soon as well as maybe multiple images for a map.

Yeah and am sure your adding some protection to the directories as well but would like to see them follow LGSL like if possible examples maps/source/kf2, maps/source/tf2, maps/source/css, I just seriously hate maps being stored in a default folder called maps... I spent years making and collecting map pics for just about every game I hosted from Games and mods using Gold Source, Source, Unreal all while using website game query engines using Game Monitor, GameQ, LGSL

The other question is I had asked Richard Perry creator of LGSL if he could have the map pics self size he said no something about they be less work on the site load if they were pre-sized to a fixed size like the default 160x120 jpg and jpg seems to be the norm for any map pic I have found. Just curious how your planing on handling this and if there is a better direction?

Yeah and am sure your adding some protection to the directories as well but would like to see them follow LGSL like if possible examples maps/source/kf2, maps/source/tf2, maps/source/css, I just seriously hate maps being stored in a default folder called maps... I spent years making and collecting map pics for just about every game I hosted from Games and mods using Gold Source, Source, Unreal all while using website game query engines using Game Monitor, GameQ, LGSL

The other question is I had asked Richard Perry creator of LGSL if he could have the map pics self size he said no something about they be less work on the site load if they were pre-sized to a fixed size like the default 160x120 jpg and jpg seems to be the norm for any map pic I have found. Just curious how your planing on handling this and if there is a better direction?
Currently its like this:
data/gameservers/maps/{serverType}/{mapName}.jpg

Top Bottom