I am considering creating a section on my website for game server owners to sign up and list their game server. There are some types of this already out there for example, however I am under the impression they are custom made, and I would like the one I use to be pure and honest, giving no chance of say the voting or ranking system to be manipulated by either myself (the site owner) or otherwise.
This system would allow the registered member to fill in the information of their game server such as:
- Game Server name
- Game Server Description
- Game Server expansion era (the time frame or expansion set it uses)
- Game Server Highlights (A few entries for the most important game style or mechanics used)
- Game Server connection details
- The website and contact info's
- An optional entry for a banner or graphic (that would be possibly extra paid addition to our service)
- A ping to the server entered that will show the current online status (if it is online and possible few other small details like players online and maybe a calculated up time based on when entry was created and current date time now)
- A ranking method for registered members (or possibly non registered if able to secure one vote per IP so no cheating can be done having some program voting for one server over and over in an hour)
I am curious what this would take to create, and what the cost would be to me. I would also like not to be redistributed as it could allow exploit possibilities to others that may obtain it.
If there is already a type of developed/released system or addon out there already I have not found or seen, I apologize, and would be happy to be pointed in that direction. However, again, I would really like this to be a proprietary addon or system for our site.
I can provide a handful of example websites that are similar to what I am wanting by request.. I am not certain that would really be appropriate or not at the moment, on this thread
Thank you for reading, and look forward to discussing it with someone.