Add-on Game Server Integration

I'm trying to find the time to do this! I made some progress tonight. Fixed a large amount of logic issues which took up most of my time, but it seems relatively stable now. Still no error handling though :(

When the server queries your gameserver, it finds which players are members on your forum (based on steamid currently but will be coding a more complex system in the future)

7a2419e11bf39cc2641fb4daf646a79b.webp
Also the import/export system are complete so putting in large amounts of servertypes or maps should be a lot easier :)

I really need to grind down and start working on the statistics part of the addon. I might also do player statistics, like storing current time on a server and total time. Maybe even have trophies for activity to encourage your users to play on them ;)

Alright I'm thinking of coding up a few addons.
- Game server integration as the base that allows you to add game servers, provides a list of all game servers available, including widgets and statistics. Also would provide encryption for rcon passwords since many addons don't do that currently (I think).
- SourceBans integration with game servers, that allows XenForo to be used instead of the default SourceBans panel.
- GameMe integration that displays statistics for each user in relation to their account. Will use Steam Auth as a reference.

Would anyone want something like this?

Would love all of this! make this happen pls!

Looks cool so far, thanks.

Can you add something like where it says the map name, if you hold the mouse over it, a small image box appears showing the image for the map?

Just a suggestion. :)

Looks cool so far, thanks.

Can you add something like where it says the map name, if you hold the mouse over it, a small image box appears showing the image for the map?

Just a suggestion. :)
Yeah :) The front end is lacking currently since I want to finish all the fetching of server data in order to have a lot to show.

I'm going to spend more time rebuilding the query handler system, as it's not going to work in the longterm for the addon.

I'm going to rewrite it. I'm sorry this keeps getting delayed :( I just need this to be working for any instance so the query handler system must be rewritten. It also needs this for the player integration to be completely dynamic since forums might have player identities stored in different places so it needs to be able to change it up.

Also we need error handling because I keep getting my website IP banned on my servers for constant querying and I'm not sure how different hosts will handle that.

Also do we want the ability for users to upload their own map images?

Last edited:
I'm going to spend more time rebuilding the query handler system, as it's not going to work in the longterm for the addon.

I'm going to rewrite it. I'm sorry this keeps getting delayed :( I just need this to be working for any instance so the query handler system must be rewritten. It also needs this for the player integration to be completely dynamic since forums might have player identities stored in different places so it needs to be able to change it up.

Also we need error handling because I keep getting my website IP banned on my servers for constant querying and I'm not sure how different hosts will handle that.

Also do we want the ability for users to upload their own map images?
this is taking forwver when are u gonna release it :D i really need it

Fixed a huge amount of bugs. Also completed the player integration feature. I'm calling it identity location.

f67f883c956cade0df73706bd2440a0e.webp
You can either choose a query or callback to process the fetched players with, and choose how it verifies that a player exists on your forum. Nice and flexible for any use.

You apply your identity location in the server type, so you can set it there.

30ca3d701e2eefa949e6fe49fa3b3989.webp
I have also coded in an unlimited options setting so any custom server type can be added now, and configured for any special case. Better safe than sorry!

I have also rewritten the query handler to an extend, so it's easier to work with now.

Still fixing bugs so it's really not ready for a beta release. Once these bugs are fixed I'll begin working on the clientside features.

Hi,

Nice Work, i have a suggestion:

Would it be possible to add in a server overview: the connection time and a display order of scores or time.

Cordialy,

Top Bottom