Game Rebels | Custom Theme | Feedback?

JordanH

GameRebels (2).webp

The design was made by PixelExit, which I worked more closely with @Russ to get the design I wanted. Not sure if @Steve F or any other PixelExit member had anything to do with the design or not. Regardless, it looks great!

Russ was a very pleasant person to work with :) I will probably be going back to him for my other projects for sure.

Introduction
A community that can date back to as early as 2012, Game Rebels is an amazingly friendly gaming community of players who love to discuss gaming and even get together to play and compete against each other in various different games. We also bring you custom game servers for you to play on for free. Join us in our mission to give you the best kind of entertainment on the forums as possible.

Join our website: https://www.GameRebels.com
Join our discord: https://discord.gg/B2qEf87

So a little bit about our site.
We are a gaming community that focuses on player interaction and entertainment. We want to help serve and welcome new and experienced gamers in all genres. The gaming niche is so oversaturated that I am not looking to become the next big "thing" in gaming communities. We are more or less looking for more people to hang out with and play games with and looking to also discuss them with others in a friendly environment.

What makes us so different from the rest?
We are pretty generic, to say the least. Like most gaming forums, we have several dedicated boards to discuss certain aspects of gaming. However, there are a couple things that do set us apart.

We are also an Official Partner of Green Man Gaming!

Game Shop
In an attempt to be different from other gaming forums, Game Rebels was the first of its kind that had a dedicated gaming forum to introduce a fully automated game shop. You earn points on the forum for doing various tasks such as just participating in the forum like posting. These points can then get you real games from the Steam marketplace or gift cards such as Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus subscriptions.

When you have enough points to get a game, you go to the shop, choose your game, and you will instantly get your item code or game key.

Everything is 100% legit and legal. Purchased directly from authorised distributors or the respective copyright holders. So be rest assured that the game you get, is legitimate, and money went to the developers. We DO NOT support sites like G2A!

Because our games can come from the official publishers, or authorized retailers, when they have sales, so do we! If you see a game you like that is 90% off in the Steam marketplace, chances are it will be 90% off in our shop. Which means you can get a game for making just a few posts!
Quick preview of the game older game shop: (Click to enlarge)
3yE8wZ.png

Game Servers
We also will be owning and operating several game servers of all kinds ranging from Minecraft, and Battlefield, Arma 3, to Garry's Mod and more. We allow anyone to connect to our servers and play their favourite games free of charge. You can currently see our server list by going to our website.

If you have any ideas on future games and servers we should host, let us know!

Important Links:
Forums: https://www.gamerebels.com
Game Shop: https://www.gamerebels.com/shop/
Game Reviews: https://www.gamerebels.com/reviews/
Streamers: https://www.gamerebels.com/streams/
Blog: https://www.GameRebels.com/blog/ (Under Construction)

Check out some screenshots:
Homepage:
bhXpoZ.png

Member Profiles:
HDTQyP.gif

Purchased Game Page:
G7x1jZ.png

This part is cool. So once you get a game from our shop, it goes to your purchase history. You then have the ability to gift the game to another user of the community. Otherwise, you must "claim/redeem" the game in order to see the game key.

Attachments

• d7qpJ13.webp
    d7qpJ13.webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 90
I like the shop idea.

So members can get Steam games from posting and earning these "Rebellions" points? If so that seems like a great incentive for members to be active!

I realise you've stated it's automated but have you set any quality guidelines to determine what type of posts are eligible/ineligible to earn points?
upload_2015-5-27_22-52-41.webp

Overall forum layout and colours look pleasing.

I like the shop idea.

So members can get Steam games from posting and earning these "Rebellions" points? If so that seems like a great incentive for members to be active!
Yes. Posting does generate points. We plan on having more ways to earn the currency later.

I realise you've stated it's automated but have you set any quality guidelines to determine what type of posts are eligible/ineligible to earn points?
There is a system in place yes.
1) Posting in Off topic sections does not generate any points. This is so we don't have to worry about people abusing that section to earn points faster.
2) Rebellions are given based on the quality of the post. Posts that are just one words / simple sentence (under 10 words) will not generate you any rebellions. Therefore, once you do meet the minimum quality guidelines you get a base amount of points. The more quality the post becomes, the more rebellions you will get for that specific post.

I am hoping to write up an entire page in the help section describing our system, how to earn the points, quality guidelines, etc.

Overall forum layout and colours look pleasing.
Thanks for the feedback :)

We became an official partner of Green Man Gaming last night!

Our users can get 20% off games from them now :)
GamesRebels_voucher_blur.webp
(Please go to our website to view the code.)

We do not get anything in return for you using the voucher / coupon code. So you may wish to use it freely to get 20% off on the games you wish to purchase.

Full announcement
Green Man Gaming Official Partner | Game Rebels

Looking good @Russ and @Steve F digging the header.

@JordanH Will point out that in our navigation add-on, we forgot to include a phrase many versions ago. Go to Phrases, add phrase adnavigation_navitem_find_new_posts_guest and just make it "Find New Posts"

Looking good @Russ and @Steve F digging the header.

@JordanH Will point out that in our navigation add-on, we forgot to include a phrase many versions ago. Go to Phrases, add phrase adnavigation_navitem_find_new_posts_guest and just make it "Find New Posts"
Yes, I was going to contact you about this. However, as I am always signed in I never seen it and had forgot about it. Thank you for reminding me.

And yes, PixelExit has done an amazing job :) I have had nothing but positive feedback.

I love the mascot at the logo, great work with the theme overall.

I also think the idea of the point incentives to buy games is fantastic, good luck!

Awesome stuff!

I have a health related forum and looking for some custom work.

@JordanH
How much did you pay for style customization alone (not including logo)?
Above $300 or below $300 :) ?

Last edited:
Need some links here :)
View attachment 111701

Otherwise, forum looks great. Nice job - Keep it up!
Thanks. yes. Sadly, my home burnt down so I was unable to and update this :( I will get this sorted asap :)

I love the mascot at the logo, great work with the theme overall.
Thank you. The mascot was the main reason why I pursued the logo. The logo it self I'm not a fan of the font etc. I got a custom designer to design our mascot and could not have been happier with it :)
We have had nothing but positive feedback regarding the theme so thank you. I'm sure @Russ should feel really proud of his work!
I also think the idea of the point incentives to buy games is fantastic, good luck!
Yes that is always an added bonus ;) Thanks :)

Awesome stuff!

I have a health related forum and looking for some custom work.

@JordanH
How much did you pay for style customization alone (not including logo)?
Above $300 or below $300 :) ?

The custom design was over $300. If you contact them, I'm sure they might be able to give you a quote.
Not including the games I purchased to give away for free or to put in our shop, (Which would probably add several hundred to this number) the amount I have spent on the site so far is $2,022.75. I keep track of this stuff :P

Top Bottom