1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Freeze

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by 0xym0r0n, Mar 16, 2013.

1. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 1.15.34 AM.png

http://www.gamefreeze.net

My new project. I'll be placing a lot of effort in filling it with content and active members.
    I've still yet to really announce it to my old site members. I'll be trying to kick start it this week and get some activity flowing :)

Some things I've done
    http://www.gamefreeze.net/pages/Pin

Some things I am planning
    -Blogs
    -Gamer Profile (A more gamer oriented XenForo profile with gamecards, trophies, and related info)
    -Game Collection (What do you own? Wishlist and pre-ordered)
    -Member match-up for co-op and multiplayer games (search for users based on time zones and games)
    -Youtube in Profile
    -Currently playing (basically like moods)
    -xfArcade

Steve F, Russ, Shelley and 1 other person like this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Woah whats that Pin stuff? Looks dope. Click the Home tab. Error.

I clicked on a thread in the news forum. Error.

Nice design but for some reason the login box is driving me nuts. Probably cause it's not level with the banner.

3. 0xym0r0n

Error for Home tab? Hmm probably didn't set my permissions correctly. I haven't logged out all day :LOL:
    The News forum is being customized to look more.... newsletter like, so I've removed public/registered members view permissions. I just didn't seem to remove the tab while I was at it lol

I'll release the add-on for the image display thingy once I add a few more options to the admin panel. I want to add a rating system to the images to. I think it'd be fun. I was going to just try to extend likes to that page, but I thought hrmmm.... lets just see about ratings :)

I probably won't call it pinforo but it was inspired by pinterest lol

DRE likes this.
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Pinforo man lmaooo jk but it looks very professional, very, very professional.

5. 0xym0r0n

That's what I'm aiming for. One of my admins is a designer and motiongrapher so she is basically cracking the whip at every little thing. The logo and login bar are one of many things she is picking at XD

I'm sure by the end of the week I will be re-organizing my desk in the new habit of 'lining everything up!'

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I rarely visit this subforum these days, so I'm glad I was able to check out yours the first moment you posted it. That's pretty much what erich945r90345r2323 something been trying to get for months. Only difference is there's no expandable comments or something like that, whatever I don't remember.

7. 0xym0r0n

Ah yeah I got lazy with the comments. I did figure out how to parse the bbcode, but I have to write something that removes the images/attachments. For example all the posts on my pin page would look repeated if I had allows messages to be viewed (because some messages are just attachments).

I am currently trying to figure out how to use the tooltip preview on $posts instead of $threads (the message preview you get when hovering over thread titles on the thread list view)

THAT would solve everything very quickly and I could make the expandable or 'snipped' messages.

The ability exists, I just need to modify it for my needs :)

Kim and DRE like this.
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking about that tool tip... passing out now.

0xym0r0n likes this.
  9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Update?

10. 0xym0r0n

I didn't get a notification for this o_O or I just didn't notice it... lmao!
    Uhm well a week ago I sent erich a demo for the pinterest style add-on. A few days ago I packaged up my news portal add-on and sent it out to some who requested it. I've yet to get any feedback on it. If you'd like to give it a go, just pm me an address to send it to.

11. AlexT

AlexT Well-Known Member

Your admin did a great job in designing the site. (y)

0xym0r0n likes this.
  12. 0xym0r0n

pixelExit.com did the design and I just customized some stuff XD but it's a lovely theme!
    Gracias for the compliments

Russ likes this.
  13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Love the homepage man, great job!

0xym0r0n likes this.
  14. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Really nice theme, nice site infact. Keep up the excellent work. (y)

0xym0r0n likes this.
  15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yes please I'd love to give it a go! *pms*

16. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Awesome work Oxy :D

You're the first to have a working Pin page :D well done!!!

Now gimme gimme gimme! :D lol

I need that so bad!

Lovely looking site, if I knew anything about gaming I would join! :)

0xym0r0n and DRE like this.
  17. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

You can start with Candy Crush.

18. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Nice lookin' site! :)

19. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Looking better and better

20. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Any plans on releasing it as a mod (paid or otherwise)?

Cal likes this.