MG 1.1 Gallery album user permission (private album)

Sunka

I can set album permission to be visible to all, to members only, or just members I setup, but is it possible to setup with usergroup?
I have one album and want that only members from one usergroup can open and see images/videos in that album.

I can set album permission to be visible to all, to members only, or just members I setup, but is it possible to setup with usergroup?
I have one album and want that only members from one usergroup can open and see images/videos in that album.
Whilst this isn't possible (I think I made a suggestion for this before it became an official add-on but I don't think there's one currently for this), there is an alternative. You could create a category and set permissions on that for a specific user group. Move the media from the album to the category and that should pretty much achieve what you want.

Nice.
I created new category, but how to move album from one category to another?

I see that only solution is to create new album in one category and then move all images/videos to that new album from old album.

Nice.
I created new category, but how to move album from one category to another?

I see that only solution is to create new album in one category and then move all images/videos to that new album from old album.
You don't move the album. You go into the album, select all of the media and use inline moderation to move media to the site category you set up.

You don't move the album. You go into the album, select all of the media and use inline moderation to move media to the site category you set up.
Ok, I did it but now all media from that album finished in new category without album.
How to create new album in that category and put all that media in to that new album in new category?

Ok, I did it but now all media from that album finished in new category without album.
How to create new album in that category and put all that media in to that new album in new category?
You can't, XFMG doesn't support albums in categories (there's a suggestion for it though). I did state previously that you would be moving the media from the album.

Move the media from the album to the category and that should pretty much achieve what you want.

Yep, I re read your post and that is just like you said.
It is maybe little messy (115 videos in category without album) but I finally could setup permission through usergroups.
Thanks @Martok (y)

Just one quick another question
I have several categories with subcategories

I need to delete some subcategories but first move users albus to another categories. How to do that?
Need to delete both video subcategories, but before that move several users albums to image categories

Example:

• Category A
    • Category A (images)
    • Category A (videos)
  • Category B
    • Category B (images)
    • Category B (videos)

It is maybe little messy (115 videos in category without album)
I wouldn't say so really, it's essentially an album, just labelled as a category.

I need to delete some subcategories but first move users albus to another categories. How to do that?
Need to delete both video subcategories, but before that move several users albums to image categories
You cannot move albums to categories, XFMG does not support albums in categories. You can only move media items from albums into categories. You do that in the same way as you have just done.

Top Bottom