Add-on Gallery Add On That Pulls Images From Main Forum

System0

There are some great gallery add ons available such as Simple Gallery and User Albums. I'm looking for something different.

As many people have pointed out here, adding a gallery to a site can stop people posting images in your main forum area. This isn't what I want as I want people to upload images and publish them within the threads etc.

What I'd love to see is a simple add on that shows all attachments in a specified area of the site. For example, the gallery page would list all uploaded images to your site, starting from the latest. The latest uploaded images could be shown on the home page or on the sidebar too.

I don't believe anything like this exists already. Would it be easy to create? I'd happily pay for an add on such as this.

Kevin

Yeah that's the kind of thing I'm thinking about. It doesn't have to be too advanced. I'm not a developer myself but I suspect this would be easier to develop than a fully functional gallery add on which has folders etc.

I suggested something like this for Robbos new crowdsourced gallery add-on.

The perfect implementation for me would be a mod or admin-only backend where those with the privileges would see all the images (by date) and have the CHOICE of moving them to a main gallery. This would allow picking of only the relevant or best images.

As it stands now, I go through the attachments monthly and do things the hard way - download the decent ones and then upload them to another app (Gallery).

I need this too!

I've found that my members would rather post their pics in threads than in the gallery because they know they are more likely to get comments and unique ratings (Post Ratings system). So that attachment system that leads directly to the post is actually very ingenious.

I need this too!
I've found that my members would rather post their pics in threads than in the gallery because they know they are more likely to get comments and unique ratings (Post Ratings system).
Which is precisely why I keep harping that a gallery has to show it's items in "What's New".
For that matter, all non-forum content needs to show up in What's new.
Hopefully Robbo's Gallery will be integrated into (1) search and (2) what's new.

So that attachment system that leads directly to the post is actually very ingenious.
For some forums, even more than others, you can tell if you are interested in a thread based on the images attached to it.

I wonder how you might tweak the SEO of the images. I don't think Xenforo's strongest point is good SEO for the images. Maybe an attachment gallery could improve on it with some meta tags or meta descriptions or something.

That attachement gallery needs a lot of work. The one he posted is not the same one on his own site. You can't exclude more than one forum and there's other stuff about it that just ain't right.

This thread
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-lightboxed-attachments-on-forumhome.12009/page-2#post-299851
contains earlier versions of a gallery
of this more polished
http://forum.fitnessbloggen.no/images/
gallery.

And people were hoping Espen might show how he did the version on his site.
Ah, you mean the quickie random images on the forum index. I thought 8thos was saying that somebody released an actual attachment gallery like what Espen has done (but hasn't released).

While discussing a Gallery with Mythotical I suggested giving image uploaders the option of including an image attachment to a "Community" gallery.

Like this.
add-to-gallery-jpg.31481

Someone else suggested being able to choose a specific gallery album might be helpful too.

Top Bottom