1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future xenForo Support Suggestion

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by DieselMinded, Jul 29, 2010.

1. DieselMinded

DieselMinded Active Member

One thing that i always hated about vbulletin support :

Hey vb support i have this problem with xxxxxxxxxxxx .

reinstall vbulletin

2. Floris

Floris Guest

That wasn't during the period I was there :)
    And I doubt you can expect that here.
  3. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

That's the Dell way: "I will help you. Please backup all your data and reinstall with the discs we gave you..."
  4. Vossi

Vossi Active Member

Naaa, that's not true. Please stay fair, I've never seen the vB-support acting like this.
  5. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

hope this ... however i'm looking for an 'official italian support' (just registered the xenforo.it domain :D) do you think that's possible?

jelsoft isn't interested on it ...
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

Isn't "xenforo" a trademark? That's why i got "xen"fans.
    Nix and Marcus like this.
  7. John

John Well-Known Member

As with anything new there will be bumps assuredly, but I strongly suspect Kier and Mike place a premium on world class support.
  8. el canadiano

el canadiano Active Member

It better have good support. I never got good support with vBulletin whereas IPB fixed every problem for me and explained what was happening.
  9. Vossi

Vossi Active Member

Domaingrabbing is the word for this. Some wannabees already registrered the domains for germany aswell, kinda makes me think about kindergarten. Instead of communicating with XF it seems like a disput in the back gets started. Poor...
  10. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

yes, absolutely, but my 'market' it's a bit different than yours ... many italians don't speak any english word ...
  11. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

mate, this is the world ... ;) i've not grabbed anything from XF ... i'd simply registered a domain for future use ... (you don't know how the vb's support was released in italy)
  12. Vossi

Vossi Active Member

Whatever... :rolleyes:
  13. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Ya i hope the support will be first class :). As vBulletin support doesn't really look at my threads/bugs/tickets.
  14. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

unfortunately this is the realty ... :(
  15. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Have fun handing that over... :rolleyes:
  16. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that they'd set out to provide crappy support.
  17. squall14716

squall14716 Member

There are plenty of reasons to be annoyed at vBulletin/IB but I don't think ticket support is one of them.
  18. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

Don't take it personal, it seems the same for everyone.
  19. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

In over 6 months that I have been a member at the vb forums I have never seen any of the support staff to say something like that. vB support in my book is very good :)
  20. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

I've never seen them say that, ever.

What you may sometimes get is - "upload the original files" which is not even slightly the same thing. And that advise is very sensible and fixes a myriad of problems.

Sure if you've modified the files it's problematic, but that could easily be the issue.