Future xenForo Support Suggestion

DieselMinded

One thing that i always hated about vbulletin support :

ME:
Hey vb support i have this problem with xxxxxxxxxxxx .

SUPPORT:
reinstall vbulletin

ME:
#%#@&$*(#@&@)

When I was on the team, and someone reported an issue that could potentially be caused by third party scripts, my reason for asking to turn off the third parties, is not because we don't like those plugins, or we don't want to give support. It's to narrow down the issue. Where is it? Inside the vanilla vbulletin, or the plugin, where does it go wrong, when, and what causes the issue; so we can guide the user to a potential fix. if it is a vb bug, we recommend to report it, so we can have a dev look into it, or perhaps if it's in the plugin, code that the vb devs didn't write (and can't support), to ask the author on vborg to see if there's an update, or a patch for it, etc.

It might get misinterpreted, which is also understandable, but never the intention of 'you use a plugin, go away!' .. it's a matter of 'what might it be, how do we figure this out, and which steps can we walk through to exclude options and possibilities that might cause it - > so we can help guide on how to fix it'.

After uninstalling a plugin, or just disabling it, or turning off the complete hook system, the user can just turn it on again, etc. It's for debugging the matter.

this is not limited to vbulletin, this is how everybody does (well, should), do it.

If you want to use a trademark in a domain, it would need to be grandfathered in before the trademark was registered. The only other option is premissions to use it. This at least is my understanding of how it works.

Top Bottom