XF 2.2 full unicode> what emoji username options?

🔥Iggy🔥

hello,
i have been thinking about converting to full unicode...i havent noticed any issues by whats been converted already, but i have one concern going 100% so im wondering options etc...

so if i do this i understand>>.....people can create accounts with emojis in the usernames.

can we limit how many etc? i can see this being abused...or any controls at all on that? i didnt see anything in user registration options...

regards

You can use something like this.

1698254851741.png

That will allow user names with a-zA-Z0-9_ .
If you want to allow other characters, such as spaces, you would need to use different regex, such as /^[a-zA-Z0-9 _-]+$/i .

i noticed one here already @⭐ Alex ⭐ (and i wonder if that will work lol)
that got me thinking you know, but i didnt get bored to test the limits yet :LOL:

is it also a possible search issue? beyond the obvious keyboards or different devices having different sets..(like my example above, those stars dont quite match).....:unsure:

could it be a can of pandora boxes or ....ok lets try copy paste quick an im out

@⭐ Alex ⭐ ⭐🤪

i noticed one here already @⭐ Alex ⭐ (and i wonder if that will work lol)
that got me thinking you know, but i didnt get bored to test the limits yet :LOL:

is it also a possible search issue? beyond the obvious keyboards or different devices having different sets..(like my example above, those stars dont quite match).....:unsure:

could it be a can of pandora boxes or ....ok lets try copy paste quick an im out

@⭐ Alex ⭐ ⭐🤪
My profile picture is a throwback to Windows XP and my username is a throwback to MSN days.

Top Bottom