XF 2.1 xf_user table failed to convert for full unicode support

maxicep

Hello everyone,

After switch to xenforo 2.1 from 1.5, i run the xf:convert-utf8mb4 command for upgrade database to native emoji support. All tables are converted to utf8mb4 and so we can use the emoji while sending posts it is okay but that convert script failed on xf_user table.

JSON:
The following tables failed to convert:
        * [B]xf_user: xf_user: MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry 'EXİT' for key 'username'[/B]
You should contact the table creator for guidance. Failure to correct this may lead to unexpected behavior.

Conversion complete, but with errors!
You must now add the following to your src/config.php file:
$config['fullUnicode'] = true;

After that, when i look the database, some members registered with duplicate username (due latin character difference) For example; EXİT and EXIT and different registered members with same mail address. We have more member like this problem. Probably, database system understands same with EXİT and EXIT, But in Turkish, İ and I is different as you know.

So how can i dismiss or pass that error so convert to utf8mb4 the xf_user table

Thanks

You will need to rename those members with the same user names - I'm surprised this hasn't been an issue prior to this as XF won't allow the importing or creation of duplicate user names (they are considered the same in sql).

You will need to rename those members with the same user names - I'm surprised this hasn't been an issue prior to this as XF won't allow the importing or creation of duplicate user names (they are considered the same in sql).

It should be related we were switched to xenforo from vbulletin 6 years ago.

Actually i need merge them but how ? Because they are so many i though (our total member is about 2.5 million now)

Thanks

Top Bottom