1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Full HTML code showing in post

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by SelfSufficientMe, Jul 13, 2013.

1. SelfSufficientMe

SelfSufficientMe Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is just my total ignorance and not a software fault but when I post a simple link into a message (using direct code) on my forum I get the full code instead of the link text.

I am using the correct code and use the code editor wrapper (HTML) but the result is as shown. Obviously, I have stuffed it up... what is my malfunction? I bet it's something really simple - sorry to waste time.

html showing .jpg

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The HTML wrapper is to display HTML code color highlighted. What you want is a way to parse HTML, and I believe Luke Foreman has an add-on for this, it isn't possible in the default software.

3. SelfSufficientMe

Ok thanks for that!

I didn't realise links couldn't be placed this this but that's fine - I really just wanted to make my link a nofollow that's all and I couldn't work out a way to do it using the conventional insert link. I'll check out the add-ons, cheers.

4. Jeremy

You could also use mine (BBCM) to add a no follow tag, I believe Luke's is paid and may be slight over kill if that's all you need.

SelfSufficientMe likes this.
  5. SelfSufficientMe

Yep that's pretty much all I need to do is add the no follow tag. I'll check out your add-on and see if I can wrap my head around BBCM that sounds like the way to go. Appreciate it :)

6. Jeremy

Such a simple tag will (and should be easy). Post in the support thread and you will receive the support and help if you need it.