[FS] Events [Paid] [Deleted]

Hi @Jeremy

just bought your plugin, well done. I have some feature request that I'm going to list here:

1. When a user RSVP the user should be able to insert a short message that will appear in the RSVP list. Often people RSVPing can specify info in the short message such as: "I will be half hour late, don't wait me, I will catch you later", "I'll bring the beverage", "Please assign me a secondary role for this online match!", etc etc
  2. View custom fields in the user details of RSVP list.
  3. Let choose the format of the first post of the automatically created thread. The standard sentence "user A created an event:" and the event message in quoted text could not be ok.

Hi @Jeremy

just bought your plugin, well done. I have some feature request that I'm going to list here:

1. When a user RSVP the user should be able to insert a short message that will appear in the RSVP list. Often people RSVPing can specify info in the short message such as: "I will be half hour late, don't wait me, I will catch you later", "I'll bring the beverage", "Please assign me a secondary role for this online match!", etc etc
  2. View custom fields in the user details of RSVP list.
  3. Let choose the format of the first post of the automatically created thread. The standard sentence "user A created an event:" and the event message in quoted text could not be ok.

Please post and like suggestions on my site, they'll be lost here.

When people are invited to an event they receive an alert. Is it also possible to inform them with an email similar to the email for new conversations, @Jeremy ?

>>...Framework for add-ons to provide calendars and events
Interesting. Any examples/description for this, @Jeremy ?
@Bob's sports book.

When people are invited to an event they receive an alert. Is it also possible to inform them with an email similar to the email for new conversations, @Jeremy ?
There is no email currently sent.

Is there a plan to include categories that are associated with different forums?
Roadmaps are not released.

Reactions: Bob
Is there a plan to include categories that are associated with different forums?

Which, unfortunately, translates to lack of interest and activity for the add-on.
Users, potential and current, have no idea what is being worked-on - if anything, and if at all.
With the v1.0 release over a month ago, those same current and potential users do not even know if the add-on if considered feature complete and it's now just bug fixes, or if we can anticipate further capabilities.

Which, unfortunately, translates to lack of interest and activity for the add-on.
Users, potential and current, have no idea what is being worked-on - if anything, and if at all.
With the v1.0 release over a month ago, those same current and potential users do not even know if the add-on if considered feature complete and it's now just bug fixes, or if we can anticipate further capabilities.
Just curious do you insist the developer of your current events add-on you are using provide this information?

Just curious do you insist the developer of your current events add-on you are using provide this information?
I'm not insisting anything. It's a discussion community, we discuss with opinions and viewpoints.
Yes, the strongest and most engaging developers provide feedback on the functionality they will consider or provide in upcoming versions.

Reactions: RDR
Yes, the strongest and most engaging developers provide feedback on the functionality they will consider or provide in upcoming versions.
Do they? hmmm ok

So by that are you suggesting that @Jeremy is a weak developer because he's not providing a road map of planned and/or implemented features for the next release? Do XF developers supply road maps of what they have planned for their next release? I think not, we are all supplied with the HYS threads when these functions have been included, so maybe a little patience with the dev is required, not like you're using his addon anyway.

Do XF developers supply road maps of what they have planned for their next release?
This developer, for this add-on, did exactly that during beta phase advising what features would be developed and available for the final release version.

Since Jeremy has said that v1.0 is a final version, I'm only wanting to ascertain if there is any point in following this add-on to see if any of the suggestions provided and discussed are intended to be included for a future version, or if the add-on is considered feature complete and no further functionality will be added and that it's just bug fixes from here.

@Bob's sports book.

There is no email currently sent.

In that case, I'll just recommend the feature be added. The add-on looks great, but I'm in real need of a event add-on that supports categories. We have up to 10 events that will run on a given day, and when they all get mixed together, it can be confusing for the community. I know XenAtendo offers categories, but I like all the other features you've included in your add-on and would prefer to go this direction if it is in the cards. Ill keep an eye on the add-on. Thanks for the response.

Anyone who care to explain how this - add-on calendars - works, besides of getting google calendars api key. Do you have to alter some of the script files etc? Lets say I wish to have nordic (Norway, Sweden and Denmark) add-ons calendars, what is the trick then?

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Add-on calendars are meant for developers not users. It allows @Bob's sports book add-on to provide a feed of up coming events (from his add-on) to display on the calendar.

Jeremy updated [FS] Events with a new update entry:

Events 1.0.1

[FS] Events 1.0.1 is a maintenance release for the events add-on. I recommend that all customers running [FS] Events to upgrade to 1.0.1 to benefit from increased stability.

The following bugs have been fixed:
  • The date/time pop up no longer ignores the First Day of the Week setting when editing events
  • Fixed a PHP error while viewing RSVP lists about an undefined index

Read the rest of this update entry...

For what it's worth, I just purchased this addon even though it won't currently do what I need it to do. @Jeremy has been a huge asset to the XF community, and I can't imagine he won't continue to develop this into the advanced addon which XenForo desperately needs.

Top Bottom