[FS] Events [Paid] [Deleted]

Has this add on been abandoned?

I think so. I posted a bug over a week ago and haven't had any response at all and I've just been on the site and the "Support and Questions" forum appears to be closed. Without any real activity from Jeremy other than "It's not abandoned" or comments of that nature, I would write this one off for now.

It's a shame, I don't mind the add on as it is, apart from the bugs of course, but without any support or any real activity, I couldn't in good conscience recommend it to anyone.

Save your money and look for alternatives.

Installed this add on and I'm not seeing the events tab
I have the events options page in ACP but nothing showing on my site - anyone else encountered this or have any ideas ??

I get the feeling I'm missing something really simple

Last edited:
Installed this add on and I'm not seeing the events tab
I have the events options page in ACP but nothing showing on my site - anyone else encountered this or have any ideas ??

I get the feeling I'm missing something really simple

Check that you have set the permissions correctly.

Thanks for the reply, you are correct permissions were the issue I expected it to work out of the box - didn't realise all permissions were set to no by default, even admins ? seems strange but fixed so a big thankyou to @RichardKYA

I'm sticking a fork in this one. Currently checking out the alternatives. Perhaps even moving to a wordpress variant for our events

Was about to buy this but saw all the comments regarding it being abandoned. Oh well. Thanks for saving prospective customers some cash from buying buggy software that is not supported by the dev.

'Eventful' its development surely isnt.

I'm wondering what alternatives you people switched over to. Like Taj I was about to buy this one but noticed the abbonded comments and skipped it.

@RichardKYA, @DPF , what interested me in this one is inviting members. XenAtendo has it as well, but according to a review, also has a lot of other issues. Mouse hover does not display the info, events not coming up in the searches to name two.

I haven't switched to any alternative, I don't really 'need' an event system on my site and the issues with this add on just ended up making my mind up for me. It started out as a great add on and it's a shame it hasn't gone anywhere. But to be honest, the thing I didn't like the most was the sudden lack of support for it, Jeremy just disappeared. Which in itself is fine, I understand life happens and things change for people, so no problem there, but if it's not supported, not complete and has bugs, then like I say, it kinda makes your mind up for you.

I tried to have it mark u maintained but apparently 10 months of no updates and months of no word for the author doesn't qualify it that way.

Can I do this the calendar? If so how?

Export your calendar to the iCalendar format for use in external applications or web calendars

Top Bottom