Friendly URLs and redirects - IPS4 to XenForo

The Heff

Hello,

I could not find a recent answer to this.

I use friendly URLs on IPS4. Is there a way to have these old friendly URLs redirect to the new XenForo ones if I migrate over?

Thanks

These say they're for IPS 3 but I believe they should work fine for IPS 4 URLs too:

Even if they don't, as long as you use the option in the XenForo Importers add-on to "Retain content IDs" it will ensure that, e.g. a topic in IPS is imported as a thread into XF with the same ID.

e.g.
Code:
https://example.com/topic/198317-friendly-urls-and-redirects-ips4-to-xenforo/

Should redirect simply to:

Code:
https://example.com/threads/friendly-urls-and-redirects-ips4-to-xenforo.198317/

We only care about the ID bit so redirects should be fairly trivial for most URLs.

The aforementioned redirect scripts are good if you decide not to retain the content IDs because the scripts can map and old ID to a new ID using the import log we write out during the import.

Thanks @Chris D

With regards to the conversion, can you please let me know what the conversion scipt will bring over from IPS? I'm specifically thinking about:
  • Calendars (I have two, one public and one private)
  • Calendar entries
  • Albums and images (and album ownership)
  • Attachments in topics
  • Member reputation
  • Member achievements and badges (new to IPS4 in 4.6)
Thanks

XF doesn't have a calendar so that won't be imported.

Media content will be imported if you have the XFMG add-on.

Attachments will be imported.

Reputation should be converted to Reactions (Likes) - I've never used the importer though so will have to confirm.

Achievements and badges will not be imported as XF does not have those.

Assuming you're using IPS 4.2 or above, the reactions you have set up in IPS should be imported as reactions in XF.

There may be an issue if you're using a version prior to IPS 4.2 as it looks like our code assumes reactions will be available and of course they wouldn't be prior to IPS 4.2.

Top Bottom