Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

Another IE10 design compatibility bug:

View attachment 44883
Just tested this in IE10 and it works fine.

It appears as though you're running IE10 in Compatibility View which essentially renders the page in Internet Explorer 6/7 mode. I do not and will not support old browsers - even though this effect can be achieved in a newer browser... the ultimate fix is to browse without Compatibility View switched on. You should only need Compatibility View on websites that expressly need it. Being that 99% of websites are now coded with current standards in mind, browsing the entire internet in a mode that renders sites how they would have looked 10 years ago, Compatibility View is really a bad idea.

You're right - Not even sure how/when that got turned on.....strange. Turning off compatibility view corrected the styling issues. Strange that I am just now noticing this was on. I must have turned it on for something for work.

Possibly.

It's worth noting that you can granularly specify which sites should use Compatibility Mode in Internet Explorer.

So, if you find a site that's a bit broken in IE10, you could add it to the Compatibility Mode list so only that site and others you specify will render in that mode.

Hey Chris,

Is it possible to track invites, conversion rates and get specifics on a per user basis? I would love to use this feature in some sort of contest fashion :).

Sadly not.

When you invite users using Facebook or Twitter you get zero data back from Facebook and Twitter so there's no indication of who invited who when and how many times.

It's kind of workable with Gmail and Yahoo invites. It does log them in the database. But it's currently only used to track how many times a person has been invited.

Sadly not.

When you invite users using Facebook or Twitter you get zero data back from Facebook and Twitter so there's no indication of who invited who when and how many times.

It's kind of workable with Gmail and Yahoo invites. It does log them in the database. But it's currently only used to track how many times a person has been invited.
Disappointing, but thanks for the reply :(

PHP:
An exception occurred: Undefined variable: yahooEnabled in /library/FriendInviter/Listener.php on line 121

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/Listener.php at line 121
    FriendInviter_Listener::addNavbarTab()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 464
    XenForo_Dependencies_Public->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 348
    XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 563
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13

I'm assuming I got this error because I left the yahoo field blank (no yahoo account and so no developer account and no desire to link with yahoo... ie... I would have assumed the add-on would have worked without yahoo & disable the yahoo option if left blank.

Hi Chris, finally got around to installed both this and your Social Connect addon. I installed this one first and I was shown the Email image in my user settings...looking good. But before I set up the other services I then installed the Social Connect addon and got that working properly. I then went and checked the Friend Inviter and get this error:
Server Error

Undefined index: access_token
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 74
  2. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/index.php at line 13
Oh, and that is with just the Email function still enabled

PHP:
An exception occurred: Undefined variable: yahooEnabled in /library/FriendInviter/Listener.php on line 121

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/Listener.php at line 121
    FriendInviter_Listener::addNavbarTab()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 464
    XenForo_Dependencies_Public->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 348
    XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 563
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13

I'm assuming I got this error because I left the yahoo field blank (no yahoo account and so no developer account and no desire to link with yahoo... ie... I would have assumed the add-on would have worked without yahoo & disable the yahoo option if left blank.
Fixed in 2.0.5.

Hi Chris, finally got around to installed both this and your Social Connect addon. I installed this one first and I was shown the Email image in my user settings...looking good. But before I set up the other services I then installed the Social Connect addon and got that working properly. I then went and checked the Friend Inviter and get this error:
Server Error

Undefined index: access_token
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 74
  2. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/index.php at line 13
Oh, and that is with just the Email function still enabled

I can't reproduce this... Looking at the underlying code of both I'm not even sure how you can have Facebook enabled but not the access_token. Are you 100% sure Social Connect and Facebook is working properly?

Regardless, I have improved the code somewhat in 2.0.5 so please try and install that and see if the error goes away. Let me know how you get on :)

Chris Deeming updated Friend Inviter with a new update entry:

A few bug fixes

• No longer an error if Yahoo isn't configured
  • Improved code to avoid an error under certain conditions where a Facebook access_token isn't available.
  • Twitter no longer shows in the Nav Tab links if it isn't configured.
Update can be downloaded from ANY e-mail you have been sent previously in relation to your order.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I can't reproduce this... Looking at the underlying code of both I'm not even sure how you can have Facebook enabled but not the access_token. Are you 100% sure Social Connect and Facebook is working properly?

Regardless, I have improved the code somewhat in 2.0.5 so please try and install that and see if the error goes away. Let me know how you get on :)
Hi Chris
Yep, Facebook is working properly in Social Connect:
1.webp

Update...Chris, I updated to v2.0.5 and it is fixed now...seeing the Email image in Friend Inviter.

I don't know if this will help but I didn't test the Facebook part of Social Connect, only Twitter, till I read your post above and Facebook worked. However I didn't go back and check if the Friend Inviter was working after I had initiated the Facebook part of Social Connect. I just updated Friend Inviter to the new version and tested and found it working...don't know if that helps at all.

Thanks for the info Ian.

To be fair, the code was a little bit dodgy with regards to checking the Facebook access_token anyway so now that is sorted we should be ok :)

Hi Chris
Just signed up to Yahoo and completed the info required in the Friend Invitor Options. However, having just signed up to Yahoo I don't have any contacts, naturally, so when testing the connection I got an error:
Server Error

Undefined index: contact
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/Helper/Yahoo.php at line 237
  2. FriendInviter_Helper_Yahoo::parseYahooContacts() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 387
  3. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionYahoo() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/index.php at line 13
What I am worried about is if a user doesn't have any contacts in a service, an error message like the above is going to be problematic...is there anything that can be done about this?

Sorry Chris, but just one more thing.
The Email message will accept html which is great. I am assuming that this is not possible due to the inbuilt XF restrictions but when a user goes to send an email invite, the default text that is created in the settings for email is shown in the box to the user as pure html mark up...I am guessing that many users seeing such html tags in it will wonder what they are actually sending to their friend and scrap the default message in the box. I guess there is no way of displaying the message as formatted

Facebook and Yahoo. Everything else seems to work.

Server Error
Undefined variable: initials
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 577
  2. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionFacebook() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in ****/community/index.php at line 13

Facebook and Yahoo. Everything else seems to work.

Server Error
Undefined variable: initials
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 577
  2. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionFacebook() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in ****/community/index.php at line 13

Try unlinking your Facebook account and then try again. I had that too, here.

Top Bottom