Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

Hi Chris, I got server error when trying to invite people (yahoo, facebook, twitter). This occurred after I did the upgrade, I was using a very old version I think is 1.2 . I tried to do a fresh install and the same problem appears
Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Error.php at line 50
XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 309
XenForo_Application::handleException()

Thank you

Not sure how my add-on can cause this.

This is usually a server timeout and the data being read/written is absolutely minimal so not usually something that would come close to causing a timeout.

Are you having any problems with any other parts of your site? Creating threads, etc?

In fact... Data isn't even written or read at all with Facebook and Twitter.

Can you detail the exact steps to reproduce the problem and if possible give me a URL where I can see this for myself?

the issue I had yesterday was resolved somehow...
There is a bug in twitter
if I am not following anyone it will return this
Code:
Server Error
Undefined index: id
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 709
FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionTwitter() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/index.php at line 13

Great work

Glad that issue is resolved :)

Yeah that's a known issue that I will address in the next update.

Thank you!

What is the maximum number of people that can be invited in one go, I have tried using my Gmail contacts from Uni but it will not send to 700 people? I'd rather be able to mass invite on the current API's than have other networks.

The only limits will be what your SMTP server allows you to send.

Can you give more details? Do you have an error message?

No there is no error I get the XenForo loading in the top corner, then nothing the screen just stays as it is & the loading bar disappears, I've tested it to one person and it works, when I reach 3 or more it doesn't send, and to all my contacts it doesn't work, I've tried through google contacts and email invite with csv contacts.

To add to that my limit with the host is 1700 per hour and with google is 2000 per day so it cannot be SMTP, the email transport method on XF is Default.

If not those limits then it must be something server related.

I've done tests with hundreds of emails before and it was successful.

I've also just tried over at XFShowcase (feel free to register and give it a try):

http://www.xfshowcase.com/friend-inviter/

Sent an e-mail to 4 of my own accounts successfully.

My contacts have imported and sent on your site but, the same thing is not happening on my site. It fetches okay, but the send bar loads then "Invite Send" does not flash on the top of the screen and nothing happens.

While I managed to invite my contacts on your site the stats still read 0/3? I was able to reach 4/3 on one account and 0/3 out of my other account. I invited both ferdinand.tv & the other ferdinand account. Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 23.38.05.webp

Have you tested it over 1000?
Around 400.

If you need to e-mail thousands of people you should be using a proper mass-mailing service.

My contacts have imported and sent on your site but, the same thing is not happening on my site. It fetches okay, but the send bar loads then "Invite Send" does not flash on the top of the screen and nothing happens.
Are there any errors anywhere? Admin CP Server Error Log, or web server error log or even your browser console (F12)?

While I managed to invite my contacts on your site the stats still read 0/3? I was able to reach 4/3 on one account and 0/3 out of my other account. I invited both ferdinand.tv & the other ferdinand account. View attachment 43499
Hmm, weird about one not registering any invites on one of the accounts. I can explain the 4/3 one... it doesn't refresh the page after the invite has been sent so it will continue allowing invites to be sent regardless of the limit - that's a bug I will fix in the next version.

Around 400.
If you need to e-mail thousands of people you should be using a proper mass-mailing service.
Are there any errors anywhere? Admin CP Server Error Log, or web server error log or even your browser console (F12)?
Hmm, weird about one not registering any invites on one of the accounts. I can explain the 4/3 one... it doesn't refresh the page after the invite has been sent so it will continue allowing invites to be sent regardless of the limit - that's a bug I will fix in the next version.

Yes I don't need to email more than 780 it's my cohort at uni and it's a one time message, I could email them another way but I'd rather get this working.

I changed the email options from default to smtp.google which caused an error, now it's back on default but the messages still wont send. So I cleared the logs and tried again as "default" but nothing appears.

It collects the data, it will send to an individual but there is no sign of any error when I attempt to invite a large number of contacts, it looks as if it will complete it then, nothing? I will send you access for you to look at because this should be working.

It would also be a good idea to include some tracking to this so we can reward members who refer the most friends.

The "DeemIT" and "http://localhost" links are embedded into the MAIL_CONTAINER email template (if you search the forum there are instructions on how to edit these). Changing them would change all site emails.

The "Sure let me explore DeemIT" is a phrase. The DeemIT part on your board will be whatever your board title is set to in the Admin CP.

"Explore DeemIT with Christopher R Deeming" is again a phrase. The DeemIT part will be whatever your board title is set to. The name is whatever name the user types when sending the invite.

Top Bottom