XF 1.3 Fresh Installation - Fatal Error

P0ny

Just downloaded fresh copy of latest Xenforo. Followed installation instructions, uploaded to server. CHMOD'd 'data' and 'internal_data' to 777.

Browsed to installation folder to start the installation and immediately got the following error message. (Actual domain name replaced for purposes of this thread)

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/homepages/16/d41542564/htdocs/'domain name'/discussion/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5.4') in /homepages/16/d41542564/htdocs/'domain name'/discussion/install/index.php on line 8

I've had a search but can find nothing relating to this error message. I'm using 1&1 internet as a host if that's any help.
PHP version is 5.5
MYSQL5

Such a shame having decided to move to this from Vbulletin and just paid up for it and hit a hurdle at the first stage. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

That would generally indicate that the files haven't been uploaded correctly. I would reupload them, possibly using a different FTP client if this error continues.

Thanks for that Mike, I've done three uploads so far but I'll try a different client and then go through it all, folder by folder, file by file.

I was using CrossFTP for Mac but switched to Filezilla and that did the trick. All now fully intalled.

Many thanks for your help, I am ow a happy bunny. Just got to import and convert my old Vbulletin board.

Top Bottom