XF 2.2 Freeing up disk space

Spartan

Is there a way to permanently delete previously soft deleted posts?

Any other way to free up disk space?

Is there a way to permanently delete previously soft deleted posts?
I use this addon

Any other way to free up disk space?
Delete old useless threads

Images, especially PNG take a lot of spaces. A few addons for converting images (all do slightly different things so I use them all)

Bulk convert:

Converts on post creation:

One by one:

I use this addon

Delete old useless threads

Images, especially PNG take a lot of spaces. A few addons for converting images (all do slightly different things so I use them all)

Bulk convert:

Converts on post creation:

One by one:

Is there a way to delete images older that x date?

Is there a way to delete images older that x date?
I don't think you can do it via batch, only manually but the attachment list can show by date or size.

Certainly you can delete threads older than x via Batch update threads. You can save a lot by batch updating/delete old for sale posts that are mostly useless and tend to have lots of images.

I wouldn't just delete old images though as they leave a broken link in the posts. When posts and threads are hard deleted, the images also get deleted.

When I have some spare time I do go through the attachment list and filter by age or size and then follow the link back to the post and may then delete the post if it's not needed.

But that very time consuming compared with batch update old threads with minimal views or OP reactions.

EDIT: NB: the above addons may hopefully adapt when webp becomes available. Or may not be relevant if we can force webp conversion "out of the box."

Last edited:
I don't think you can do it via batch, only manually but the attachment list can show by date or size.

Certainly you can delete threads older than x via Batch update threads. You can save a lot by batch updating/delete old for sale posts that are mostly useless and tend to have lots of images.

I wouldn't just delete old images though as they leave a broken link in the posts. When posts and threads are hard deleted, the images also get deleted.

When I have some spare time I do go through the attachment list and filter by age or size and then follow the link back to the post and may then delete the post if it's not needed.

But that very time consuming compared with batch update old threads with minimal views or OP reactions

Thank you. Very helpful.

Top Bottom