ForumX Theme - Design in progress

Webinsane

First concept draft for the theme I had in mind. I have designed this now more than year ago and it has been sitting around. I might continue stabbing it, but for now it is on hold. Let me know what you think :)

193.webp

If wrong forum please do move it as I am not sure if its allowed to post concept designs. Thanks!

But I don't need anybody's approval. I wanted to do and so I did.
Well it all depends. If you steal little form here and little from there to make your unique style then I guess you don't need approval, but if you copy everything colors, icons, style, layout then I am not sure if its ok. Just like you worked hard coding it I have also spent hours and hours designing it. It was actually designed initially for @Mike Creuzer and Audentio team, but my life took different turn I suppose 😊

I also have dark versions 😎

Bravo, I couldn't have said it better. Had @JoyFreak not invested his time, all we would have is the PNG

I spent countless hours and days to create that png 😎 at the end I guess I am glad you liked the design and hope I will find time in future to make even better designs and share them with community.

Where have I "gloated"? I have a showcase thread on this forum that I like to keep those who are interested, updated about what's going on, on JoyFreak. I spent a whole week putting this together, aside from JUST the frontpage that you keep referring to as a "copy" and I'm proud of the work I done, why shouldn't I "gloat" about it? I coded the frontpage and believe me, it's not THAT similar to the concept art that the designer put together. The designer doesn't seem to be as hurt as some of you so why are you making this your problem? I think it boils down to some of you just having a problem with me, rather than what've done. If it was anybody else, I don't think they would have had the same backlash as I have. I have numerously pointed out some other members on here copying my work but no one jumped in to defend me. Thank you but I just don't have time for petty and hateful energy from some of you, I have better and more important things to do. I also don't need to justify myself either.
You already have admitted to trying to contact the designer to purchase the design, and when you could not get a response you contacted other designers to replicate. You then decided to do it on your own, and the result is a very similar design. You can say inspired, but inspired means that you have taken the extra step to differentiate the design enough to not be a replica of the original, which you have not done.

The only real differences are that you are lacking the small embellishments that made the original concept stand out more, and broke up the tedium and added contrast.

"The designer doesn't seem to be as hurt as some of you so why are you making this your problem?" What could he do, even if he was? He has no reputation here (this isn't a slight to him, but more that he hasn't established himself), and it wouldn't make sense to raise a fuss over a concept piece he had not turned into a style yet. Even then, this is just you trying to justify yourself and try to portray yourself as a victim, which is honestly pretty disgusting.

I've also have had no problem with you, because I have barely even seen your posts and cannot remember one that would matter to me. My issue with you stems solely from your attitude towards copying the concept, and the way you've tried to justify or excuse it. I would have the same issue with anyone who did the same.

I'm done with replying though as there's no point in dealing with someone with no shame 🤷‍♂️.

I usually dislike three column themes but this is nice (or I'm just used to Twitter).

If you're open to suggestions, I have one and it's to remove the Alert | Inbox | Avatar options in the top-right menu. It's already in the left-hand sidebar so I feel like it's not needed there.

Well it all depends. If you steal little form here and little from there to make your unique style then I guess you don't need approval, but if you copy everything colors, icons, style, layout then I am not sure if its ok. Just like you worked hard coding it I have also spent hours and hours designing it. It was actually designed initially for @Mike Creuzer and Audentio team, but my life took different turn I suppose 😊

I also have dark versions 😎
Hey I don't recall why we didn't progress discussions but in any case you are a great talent. Best of luck in whatever you do and looking forward to seeing more from you!

Does it automatically adopt the user's light mode/dark mode preference?

I do have dark version will share later on.

I usually dislike three column themes but this is nice (or I'm just used to Twitter)

I have also designed 2 column version. Will share more screens soon. As for alert icon I have to keep it in case user closes third column or on smaller resolutions third column will be disabled.

What I'm saying is there's a lot of styles out there with both a light and a dark version but you I'm suggesting that you could build yours so that it automatically detects the user's preference and gives them the version they want. It could be a cool selling point for the style.

Top Bottom