[ForumApps] Native Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

We have only 2 slots remaining before we close down sales and focus on improving ForumApps with the help of our existing partners and their community members.
If you don't want to miss the chance, you can book your spot now.

@Aayush , there is already a mobile app for xenforo Is your app similar to this one?

I would like to know if a user is able to save his XF password within the app. That would be great. Otherwise it would be necessary to retype it when launching the app.

That app is browser based while our app isn't. We have a completely native app for both iOS and Android.
We do not save the password however we create secure tokens just like Facebook or Twitterso that the user doesn't has to login again and again in the app.

Sorry for the delay in posting an update here but we have filled all our available slots earlier this week. If you would like us to get in touch with you when more slots are available, please fill ForumApps contact form @
https://goo.gl/forms/DZ2XcgcD0MuBLPZs2

Thanks for all your support :)

We're testing ForumApps on the new iPhone X and iOS 11. Here are some screenshots of that edge to edge display.

1.webp
2.webp
3.webp

What do you think so far?

If I buy an iPhoneX I'll no longer have any money to purchase add ons :( ;)

Looks good.

Are you able to replicate the text highlighting for quote and reply yet?

1505296877878.webp

Just an update for everyone who is thinking about using this app -- we're testing it now, and so far, so good! Aayush has been extremely helpful and responds quickly.

Just a couple of issues so far, hopefully we'll get them resolved quickly --

* the text is too small (IMO) and light; would love to have access to CSS so we can change this ourselves without needing any intervention by Aayush.

* I can't figure out how to use our AdMob info. -- I don't see a spot in the admin interface to input that info....
It would be great if it supported Siropu's ad manager:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ads-manager-by-siropu.4090/

* When people view a page, do the view counts get updated properly?

* It is hard to see what the app is doing without digging into the code, b/c when a user makes a request, I see only 1 line in the web logs a call to the API -- then there's nothing else about which page was loaded, etc. . How is this app communicating from our server to the user's phone? Where are the logs? (it isn't using an intermediate server is it? we don't want more privacy/security issues like tapatalk!)

thanks

Last edited:
the text is too small (IMO) and light; would love to have access to CSS so we can change this ourselves without needing any intervention by Aayush.
Currently the dynamic type mode isn't implemented for iOS. We will be looking to do that so that the text size can be easily adjusted in settings for every user.

* I can't figure out how to use our AdMob info. -- I don't see a spot in the admin interface to input that info....
You can send us your Admob banner details and we can add that to the app.

When people view a page, do the view counts get updated properly?
View count for threads get updated properly in the database when a user uses the mobile app to view the website.

It is hard to see what the app is doing without digging into the code, b/c when a user makes a request, I see only 1 line in the web logs a call to the API -- then there's nothing else about which page was loaded, etc. . How is this app communicating from our server to the user's phone? Where are the logs? (it isn't using an intermediate server is it? we don't want more privacy/security issues like tapatalk!)
All the data is directly fed from your server to the app as you can see in your own server access logs. There is no intermediate server.
I can assure you that we only make a network call to our licensing server with variable keys defined for each app. This data does not include any personal information related to the user. We have added Crashlytics(powered by Google) for crash reporting so that we can quickly resolve issues and push new updates. Again all the data collected by Google is anonymized before being stored. Apart from that, Admob, Firebase for Analytics might also be requiring network access. But again, these services are run by Google.

If you are an advanced user, you can use the app over a proxy server and filter the network data yourself to find out. Charles is a software which you could use to do the same.

Let me know if you have any more concerns related to security or anything else.

I checked your demo app, when you go to the first page of a thread its not showing button or arrow to go to next page. It has no indication showing this thread has more pages to look atleast like in the mobile skin. I see permanent overlay next buttons, but they appear everywhere and give no idea if this page has more pages or not. So the reader mostly stop after reading the first page of the thread thinking its the end of it.

I checked your demo app, when you go to the first page of a thread its not showing button or arrow to go to next page. It has no indication showing this thread has more pages to look atleast like in the mobile skin. I see permanent overlay next buttons, but they appear everywhere and give no idea if this page has more pages or not. So the reader mostly stop after reading the first page of the thread thinking its the end of it.
Can you please attach a screenshot of what you are referring to here?

Can you please attach a screenshot of what you are referring to here?

https://turborenault.co.uk/efi-gt-turbo.t47549/

Thread on mobile browser as a guest
Thread_browser.webp

Same thread on the mobile browser as a guest with a reply before register addon (which is huge to make new members!)
thread_browser_quick-reply.webp

From App as guest
Forget about addon functions atleast No next page arrow buttons/page numbers or anything. No mention about this thread has lot more pages. Overlay thing appear everywhere so it gives no clue

thread_end.webp

If you go with this design then make the thread endless scroll like facebook. If you showing page by page then add large next buttons and page numbers.

If you go with this design then make the thread endless scroll like facebook. If you showing page by page then add large next buttons and page numbers.
We faced design issues with notifications if we had endless scroll like facebook earlier. There is a page indicator which shows up when you scroll on Android.

We faced design issues with notifications if we had endless scroll like facebook earlier. There is a page indicator which shows up when you scroll on Android.
That's the overlay. It even appears on single page threads too. Shockingly it disappears as you go near the end of the page. (as my app screenshot)
There should be at least a next page button at end of the page if that thread has more pages. Without that 90%, people will think its the end of the thread.

Just check TapaTalk or any other popular forum app. They are clear and give better or equal interface than mobile skin.
In your case xenforo mobile skin, your ui.x mobile is way better than your app when it comes to interface and ease of use.

Personally, i find this app useless without even such small but essential things.

Last edited:
Aayush updated [ForumApps] Native Mobile Apps for XenForo with a new update entry:

ForumApps v1.1.4 Update

1. Logging IP addresses of active users : Complying with international regulations, the admin area now logs IP addresses of users that login or register via the app.

View attachment 160522

2. Tracking of user’s activity visible : The activity of users on the app is now logged and visible to all in the forum sidebar.

View attachment 160523

3. Support for iOS 11 has been improved.
4. A number of security fixes have been made.

Read the rest of this update entry...

ForumApps v1.1.4 Update

1. Logging IP addresses of active users : Complying with international regulations, the admin area now logs IP addresses of users that login or register via the app.

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 6.34.33 PM.webp

2. Tracking of user’s activity visible : The activity of users on the app is now logged and visible to all in the forum sidebar.

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 7.09.08 PM.webp

3. Support for iOS 11 has been improved.
4. A number of security fixes have been made.

What do you guys want to see next?

Top Bottom