Resource icon

Forum Warning Message 0.0.2

No permission to download

Vincent Gabriel

Vincent.Gabriel submitted a new resource:

Forum Warning Message - Display a warning message

This modification allows to set a warning message a visitor will see and must accept before he is allowed to enter and view the forum/threads within.

Features:

• Turn on/off on a forum basis
  • Set the message that the visitor will see on a forum basis
  • Set the number of days the visitor will not see the message after accepting. if 1 is set he will have to accept the message every single day, 7 days he will have to accept once a week, etc... 0 will accept it for 10 years.
  • Set...

Read more about this resource...

I believe the MIT license allows people to sell this addon. I don't think you want that.
It also states that they have to keep the copyright as it is. so even if they do sell this it will still show the original author. I mean if someone wants to sell something, a license that comes with it will not restrict them from doing so. They can do what ever they want as long as they keep the copyright notices. I don't think people with conscience will do so.

This seems a good addon.

I've been testing a bit and there are a couple of minor issues. The HTML does not work, however the description indicates that it could use, and the BBcodes not working correctly, can be seen in their sample images (the lists bbcode not shown).

One question, there is some sort of log to see which users and when they have accepted the warning.

Sorry, my English is very bad, much better Spanish.

Thanks, Luis.

This seems a good addon.

I've been testing a bit and there are a couple of minor issues. The HTML does not work, however the description indicates that it could use, and the BBcodes not working correctly, can be seen in their sample images (the lists bbcode not shown).

One question, there is some sort of log to see which users and when they have accepted the warning.

Sorry, my English is very bad, much better Spanish.

Thanks, Luis.

Thank You. This is now fixed.

Currently there is no log of who accepted what.

Okay I see how to do it. But there doesn't appear to be a way to set it for forums that already exist. Is there a work-around?

Okay, figured it out, but a "first message warning" for categories as well as indvidual forums would be very helpful.

Problem: I can't seem to make my warning message bold, or use the font colors in the editor. Also, HTML doesn't work. Can you suggest how I can change the color of my warning message to red? Thanks!

Problem: I can't seem to make my warning message bold, or use the font colors in the editor. Also, HTML doesn't work. Can you suggest how I can change the color of my warning message to red? Thanks!
Try making sure you have updated to the newest version. This was a problem in the past version, but appears to be working now.

To update upload all the files (again) and import the xml file too.

I "upgraded" it since it said I was already using that version and I confirmed it doesn't accept HTML and I can't change the font color....

Okay I see how to do it. But there doesn't appear to be a way to set it for forums that already exist. Is there a work-around?
How did you fix it? Almost all my forums are already active but there is one section I need this for. Thanks.

How did you fix it? Almost all my forums are already active but there is one section I need this for. Thanks.
It works, all you need to do is click on the node, and you'll see a new section where you can put your warning message. You just can't format the message or change it's color. :(

Top Bottom