• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Forum URL path incorrect after backup and restore

Paul

Well-known member
#1
Hi,

Some strange issues here -

Have successfully backed up and restored, and i can launch the main forum page.

however i get the following whenever i try to access one of the forums...

The requested URL /forums/forums/rec-games-pinball.14/ was not found on this server.
Any advice greatfully received

thanks
Paul
 

Vincent

Well-known member
#3
Hi,

Some strange issues here -

Have successfully backed up and restored, and i can launch the main forum page.

however i get the following whenever i try to access one of the forums...



Any advice greatfully received

thanks
Paul
Go to Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL.

Is in that link a "/forums" part?
 

Paul

Well-known member
#5
Thanks Mike - that enabled me to get into the ACP, so thats good :)

It;s forum friendly url linked - if i disable forum friendly urls, access works, as soon as i switch back on again i get the above issues again.

Any ideas as to how to fix this issue, and re-enable friendly Urls again?

Cheers
Paul
 
#6
"If you enable this option, the links generated by the system will not include "index.php?". However, to enable this, mod_rewrite must be available and an appropriate .htaccess file must be in place."

Do we need custom .htaccess? For which directories to make this work? Is there an example?

Thanks!
 
#8
Okay. I'm sure it's not installed since I'm on an unmanaged VPS. I will install and retry.

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm sure the Paul's issue is similar since my symptoms were exactly the same.
 

Paul

Well-known member
#10
Ok. Have checked and i have have mod_rewrite installed..... and have restarted httpd as a precaution, however same still happens - if i turn friendly urls on it fails...

http://www.pinballinfo.co.uk/phpinfo.php - shows this module loaded...

It's a new server (unmanaged VPS) so one of those things i'm gonna have to fathom out myself unfortunately :(

Thanks again
Paul
 

Paul

Well-known member
#12
Mike - you got it in one - AllowOverride was set to None - set to all, restarted Httpd, and bingo - all now working

Many thanks for everyone's help on this one :)

Paul