• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Forum URL path incorrect after backup and restore

Paul

Hi,

Some strange issues here -

Have successfully backed up and restored, and i can launch the main forum page.

however i get the following whenever i try to access one of the forums...

The requested URL /forums/forums/rec-games-pinball.14/ was not found on this server.
Any advice greatfully received

thanks
Paul

Vincent

Hi,

Some strange issues here -

Have successfully backed up and restored, and i can launch the main forum page.

however i get the following whenever i try to access one of the forums...

Any advice greatfully received

thanks
Paul
Go to Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL.

Is in that link a "/forums" part?

Paul

Thanks Mike - that enabled me to get into the ACP, so thats good :)

It;s forum friendly url linked - if i disable forum friendly urls, access works, as soon as i switch back on again i get the above issues again.

Any ideas as to how to fix this issue, and re-enable friendly Urls again?

Cheers
Paul

"If you enable this option, the links generated by the system will not include "index.php?". However, to enable this, mod_rewrite must be available and an appropriate .htaccess file must be in place."

Do we need custom .htaccess? For which directories to make this work? Is there an example?

Thanks!

Okay. I'm sure it's not installed since I'm on an unmanaged VPS. I will install and retry.

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm sure the Paul's issue is similar since my symptoms were exactly the same.

Paul

Ok. Have checked and i have have mod_rewrite installed..... and have restarted httpd as a precaution, however same still happens - if i turn friendly urls on it fails...

http://www.pinballinfo.co.uk/phpinfo.php - shows this module loaded...

It's a new server (unmanaged VPS) so one of those things i'm gonna have to fathom out myself unfortunately :(

Thanks again
Paul

Paul

Mike - you got it in one - AllowOverride was set to None - set to all, restarted Httpd, and bingo - all now working

Many thanks for everyone's help on this one :)

Paul