XF 1.5 Forum url not /forum

sydneyh

Hello Xenforo,

I'm working on a little project but my forum URL doesn't want to change.
I'm trying to make the www.toastynetworks.net/homepage my homepage, meaning the URL that you go to when you enter the domain: www.toastynetworks.net in your browser.
But for the buttons to work on this page, I need to get the URL from the forums to be /forums instead of the main URL.
Currently my website's forum is the URL : www.toastynetworks.net. How do I make it so it says www.toastynetworks.net/forum ? I've tried numerous things but it doesn't want to work.

I'm going to try to move all the files to the Directory /forum. it is currently installed on toastynetworks.net and not on toastynetworks.net/forum. Maybe that will fix it.

Does anyone here have any other ideas?

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.

I'm going to try to move all the files to the Directory /forum. it is currently installed on toastynetworks.net and not on toastynetworks.net/forum.
Without an add-on, that would be the solution.

Your custom homepage will then be in the root and the forums in a sub directory.

Without an add-on, that would be the solution.

Your custom homepage will then be in the root and the forums in a sub directory.

Thank you for your reply, Are there certain add-ons to get this done for me without uploading everything to another directory?
If so, do you have examples?

There are various home page add-ons available but it sounds like you want to implement your own solution?
That would require custom development.

The Homepage is already finished. I think it's static content. Basically it's like a page with a few pictures that contain hyperlinks to different sections of the main website.

Just to clarify.
I move all files except for the "homepage" directory, into the new Directory named "Forum" Inside the Public_HTML. I just need to be sure, so I don't mess up accidently!

Move the entire XenForo installation into the new directory.

Leave your homepage file (html, php) in the root.

Don't forget to update the board URL and home page URL in the XenForo ACP.

So I moved the forum to the new directory, everything went well. Except for a few things... A lot of my styling is pretty messed up now. I can't seem to find a way to fix for example the icons for the Admin panel, the home button. Could anyone help me with that? Is there an easy way to do this?

I changed the board url and the home page URL in the Xenforo ACP

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I'm 100% sure. I moved everything except for the homepage directory content. These files are still in the public_html/
That's suppose to be that way?

Edited**

You appear to be using custom icons in your theme (and the default XenForo theme too, I switched to that and checked).

Looking at the console, there are 404 errors as it's looking for the icons in their original location:

upload_2015-9-21_12-5-35.webp

You need to change the settings (presumably in your styles) to point to where the icons now are.

Top Bottom