• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Forum Theme/Style Customization

phaze3131

I hired someone to work with my forum theme,I want him to start from scratch without editing my live site. Is there a development way to do it? I want the final product uploaded once done, just like with Wordpress. What ways are available? Does he need xenforo him self or are there other ways? Please help..

oman

I hired someone to work with my forum theme,I want him to start from scratch without editing my live site. Is there a development way to do it? I want the final product uploaded once done, just like with Wordpress. What ways are available? Does he need xenforo him self or are there other ways? Please help..
XenForo allows a password protected test board, which you could create and allow him admin/ftp access if needed. You can put the current style on it, and go from there.

Russ

Just kind of curious but can't these questions be answered by the person who would be doing the styling? Or just looking for a second opinion? If you hire someone to do styling on XenForo they should easily be able to handle this :D

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Create a directory on the server, create a new database, install another copy of the software in the newly created directory, pointing to the new database.

Password protect the directory using .htaccess.

phaze3131

Just kind of curious but can't these questions be answered by the person who would be doing the styling? Or just looking for a second opinion? If you hire someone to do styling on XenForo they should easily be able to handle this :D
I'm just looking into options how to handle the guy I hired. I also hired someone to do the customization of my site before and he screwed it up.

Create a directory on the server, create a new database, install another copy of the software in the newly created directory, pointing to the new database.

Password protect the directory using .htaccess.
Thanks Brogan! Thanks everyone!

Russ

I'm just looking into options how to handle the guy I hired. I also hired someone to do the customization of my site before and he screwed it up.

Thanks Brogan! Thanks everyone!

Good stuff, that's more why I was asking to make sure you have someone competent to do it. Good luck!