XF 1.5 Forum statistics stop updating

Qroko

Hello,
Recently i notice my forum statistics stop updating (new members, new posts etc), I used xenforo 1.4, i tried disabling addons, rebuilding cache - it did not help.
Today i upgraded to the latest Xenforo version 1.5.8, i tried again rebuilding cron and cache, disbaled every single addon, still doesnt update.

What should i do?

It's worth noting that the counters do not update immediately.

However, upon looking at your site, certainly the newest member seems to be displaying properly, so is this actually still a problem? Only members who are registered, valid and not banned will display as the newest member.

If it is still a problem, then really it only appears to be an issue with counting discussions and messages. I haven't got an account there to verify if this is working or not. Again, only messages which are valid and visible will be counted.

It's worth noting that the counters do not update immediately.

However, upon looking at your site, certainly the newest member seems to be displaying properly, so is this actually still a problem? Only members who are registered, valid and not banned will display as the newest member.

If it is still a problem, then really it only appears to be an issue with counting discussions and messages. I haven't got an account there to verify if this is working or not. Again, only messages which are valid and visible will be counted.

I didn't understood your answer.
Bottom line: Forum statistics - ALL OF THEM doesn't update. http://prntscr.com/bsb5e5
Yes i want them to work.

His reply was indicating that the statistics appear to be working. Doing a quick count, the discussion and message counts look correct. Similarly, the newest member does appear to be correct too. What makes you think they're not correct?

His reply was indicating that the statistics appear to be working. Doing a quick count, the discussion and message counts look correct. Similarly, the newest member does appear to be correct too. What makes you think they're not correct?
Few friends registered to the forum and the newest member did not change.
I have posted an reply few min ago - the count didnt change.

I used to have different forum niche, when i opened the current forum i did not install all over again i just deleted old users + old messages and renamed everyhintg.
Is it possible that the count some how confused with old data? like if i used to have 50 members and i deleted them so until 51 new members will register it wont work properly? and same with posts?

I actually have noticed now some users in the Newest Members block on the Members page which are more recent than the one in the statistics block. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there earlier, but when I checked earlier I was using the default RTL language so that may have confused my perception of which member in that block was the newest :)

I would certainly say that the method you used to set up the new forum is very dangerous. We would never recommend making those types of data alterations directly in the database. Even if it isn't causing this issue, it's certainly possible there could be other issues that aren't yet apparent.

Let's try and force a refresh of the board totals; please run the following query:

Code:
DELETE FROM xf_data_registry WHERE data_key = 'boardTotals'

Then attempt to manually run the Rebuild Board Totals Counter cron entry in Admin CP > Tools > Cron Entries.

I actually have noticed now some users in the Newest Members block on the Members page which are more recent than the one in the statistics block. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there earlier, but when I checked earlier I was using the default RTL language so that may have confused my perception of which member in that block was the newest :)

I would certainly say that the method you used to set up the new forum is very dangerous. We would never recommend making those types of data alterations directly in the database. Even if it isn't causing this issue, it's certainly possible there could be other issues that aren't yet apparent.

Let's try and force a refresh of the board totals; please run the following query:

Code:

Then attempt to manually run the Rebuild Board Totals Counter cron entry in Admin CP > Tools > Cron Entries.
Done, seems like the newest member updated - YOOHOO!
I tried to register a new user to test it myself, however i am not receiving confirmation email, what should i do?
I used GMAIL.

Code:

I checked the Log and found this error:
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to zv*******@gmail.com failed: Incorrect authentication data - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431 Generated By: Unknown Account

How can i fix that?

That would suggest there being an authentication problem with your SMTP details.

Check the details you have provided in Admin CP > Options > Email Options.

You may need the support of whoever provides your Email server for more detailed troubleshooting.

That would suggest there being an authentication problem with your SMTP details.

Check the details you have provided in Admin CP > Options > Email Options.

You may need the support of whoever provides your Email server for more detailed troubleshooting.

Seems like i changed the account password that sending emails - not its working, thanks.

Top Bottom