1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum spam stopper

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by New Joe, Aug 11, 2013.

1. New Joe

New Joe Active Member

On my vB Forum I get zero spam as I have spam stopper modification, also have it so users need 5 posts to post urls and also in the first 5 posts I have a spam filter word thing which is part of the mod which stops certain words from getting posted.

What add ons do we have here for stopping spammers?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are several by @tenants in the RM, but XenForo comes standard with a nice array of tools, stops nearly all spam here without add-ons.

New Joe likes this.
  3. New Joe

New Joe Active Member

Cheers, and yes a lot of add ons from that guy for spam

4. Parminder Singh Chahal

Parminder Singh Chahal Active Member

I had the same problem as well. The latest version has everything inbuilt and I have noticed that ever since I installed the new 1.2 version there has been "NO" spam atall. You do need to change the settings according to your forums needs.
    Its just a matter of getting used to Xenfor. There is nothing that we do with Vb4 with addons that the latest Xenforo cant do that too without any addons :) +1 to Xenforo for spam management.

New Joe likes this.
  5. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

I don't use any anti-spam add-on in my xenforo forum (which means I use default xenforo anti-spam), and yet I have ZERO spam registration. :love:

6. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Is there a add on for minimal posts before you can PM, add links and things of that nature?

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

tommydamic68 likes this.