XF 2.1 Forum layout is broken

dhormigo

Hello Xenforo community, I have had a forum for 5 years and nothing similar has ever happened. Curiously, it has also happened in another forum (with both licenses)

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-01 164059.png

Last edited:
It's a mod_sec rule. I've already reported it as a false positive and it's affecting css.php

My forum had the same issue today, but the error logs only showed 77350134. After adding SecRuleRemoveByID 77350134 to the .htaccess the problem was fixed. Are you sure you got the right ID?

Last edited:
Having same problem.

Are they fixing it?

Do I have to do something to fix it? Explain it to me like I work at McDonalds.
Well you place your order: "Hi, we have found that one of your rule sets has created a problem and would like a refund".
Mod security responds" Thanks for placing your order, here is your money back (pushed out fix for mod security).

Hopefully that is the way it works, the problem is we don't know how long till they realize there is a problem, and I don't know how often the updates are pushed. At least we know the problem, and I keep checking hoping that they have pushed out a fix, but nothing yet. I think if more people submit the false positive the faster, they will push out a fix.

Maybe @MattW knows a little more about how fast updates are pushed out since he is a server admin?

This I have been told from my hosting provider.

He proceeded to log into his account and disabled ModSecurity. This in case ModSecurity's Security system was preventing something from loading in the site's styles/layout.

I also restarted LiteSpeed to reload all its processes, and I see the site correctly now.

Turning ModSecurity off and back on resolved the problem. Go fig.

Did it from cPanel.

We'll see how long that lasts.
It won't last, mine fixed it as well for some time, (see above), but as soon as it detects the .css again, the rule kicks back in and breaks the site. It's a temporary fix unless you disable it in Cpanel all the way (I don't recommend). Looks like we are stuck waiting until a fix comes out.

It won't last, mine fixed it as well for some time, (see above), but as soon as it detects the .css again, the rule kicks back in and breaks the site. It's a temporary fix unless you disable it in Cpanel all the way (I don't recommend). Looks like we are stuck waiting until a fix comes out.
Shouldn't it detect the css each time the page is loaded?

Happening with my site too XF 2.2 on a2 hosting.

They are saying it is a CSS error but I can see a notification on cpanel saying they have stopped Cloudflare plugins from 1st Nov. So could be something to do with that I wonder?

a2 have also reported some issues with mod_security. But they have now opened a ticket to restore my site to the last setting saved which is around 2-3am server time.

Not sure if this is going to help. Any suggestions?

Problem fixed by knownhost, I must say they are fast.
I am with Knownhost... They get the job done if you send a ticket in. I left Liquid web and pay half for basically the same server except I have bigger ssd drives. I went from cpanel to directadmin and I was kinda lost and they answered every stupid question I had and set it up right... Highly recommend

Top Bottom