1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Devs

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Shawn Gossman, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Member

Howdy folks,

I just purchased a XF license tonight :) and wanted to give it a shot...

So I made: http://forumdevs.com/

Its a forum for discussing the development of forum software, any and all forum software development discussion is welcome. No activity is present as I just made it tonight.

I am a photoshop newbie :p but I still think I did an okay job on the logo...

Anyways, there you have it :) looking forward to using XF and seeing what it can do :)
  2. Precision

Precision Member

Hey Shawn, not a bad idea for a site. It may be a bit of a while before you get a lot of members, as usually the people who create forum software, already have a site and discuss it on there, but it's definitely not a bad idea. The logo does need some changing, for instance your slogan, 'a forum for forum developers', you may want to be a different font / color, and make it a bit smaller maybe to fit in width with your Site Name.
    Example= <?ForumDevs.com?>
    a forum for forum developers

I'd be glad to help you out if you want me to, I'm not to bad with PS (just send me a PM). Also, I'm not sure about the space between the 2nd "?" in the site name. But that's however you feel, those were just my thoughts :p.

Theme's not to bad. I like the forum node icons. You should think about installing some add-ons as well, like XenPortal for news announcements and stuff. But that's up to you as well :).

And since it's new just keep posting new threads, and people will start coming. More content = better indexed on search engines = more back-links = more traffic :).
    Shawn Gossman likes this.