Gone ahead and updated my first post, Steve and I recently took a PSD to Style conversion. All designs we're done by Red 5 Studios, we simply took the PSD and turned it into a forum style.

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/

Their overall goal was to match it with their site more :).

P.S. Going out of town this weekend again custom work will resume on Monday, thank you to those who've contacted me.

Gone ahead and updated my first post, Steve and I recently took a PSD to Style conversion. All designs we're done by Red 5 Studios, we simply took the PSD and turned it into a forum style.

P.S. Going out of town this weekend again custom work will resume on Monday, thank you to those who've contacted me.
Very nice ! (y)

I'll be accepting some more jobs soon(next few days)

With 1.1.5 if you have an outdated style that you're having trouble updating you can contact me for a quote.

Thanks all (y)

Damn you do some good work.

We'll be accepting some custom work starting next week as we're wrapping some projects now, thanks!

@Russ

What is your upgrade policy on a custom made style?

Say for example, XenForo releases a new update 2 weeks after we purchase a custom made style. I know with your pre-made styles you push updates out with no problem. But for what time frame would you continue to support a custom design?

@Russ

What is your upgrade policy on a custom made style?

Say for example, XenForo releases a new update 2 weeks after we purchase a custom made style. I know with your pre-made styles you push updates out with no problem. But for what time frame would you continue to support a custom design?
Few things to note...

We typically try to use as few template edits as possible to make upgrades easy, just had to throw that out there....

I usually help my clients out for free on minor upgrades if there is something that needs to be fixed, however with the new merge tool it puts more power in your hands to fix outdated templates.

When 1.2 rolled out I helped my past clients as soon as I could, whether it was them sending me their latest XML + style folder and me updating it... or me having an account on their site to quickly do the update live. With 1.2 depending on the style there usually was a charge(small normally) just because of the responsive tweaks involved.

Same thing goes for new clients I will gladly help them with minor updates, however if something major comes up there could potentially be a fee.

In regards to turn around time... it really depends, it's usually best to contact me BEFORE your upgrade so I can arrange a time to help you with that process so you're not sitting on a new version of XF with an outdated style. It also of course depends on my current workload, if I have deadlines to meet for my current in-progress clients my focus needs to be there, but as I said... if you contact me ahead of time I can arrange some free time :)

Lastly... I was on XenForo answering questions for free for years before I started entering the business side, so any clients who want to upgrade their site by themselves can absolutely use me for a support line :).

Sorry if you weren't expecting a novel :D

Few things to note...

We typically try to use as few template edits as possible to make upgrades easy, just had to throw that out there....

I usually help my clients out for free on minor upgrades if there is something that needs to be fixed, however with the new merge tool it puts more power in your hands to fix outdated templates.

When 1.2 rolled out I helped my past clients as soon as I could, whether it was them sending me their latest XML + style folder and me updating it... or me having an account on their site to quickly do the update live. With 1.2 depending on the style there usually was a charge(small normally) just because of the responsive tweaks involved.

Same thing goes for new clients I will gladly help them with minor updates, however if something major comes up there could potentially be a fee.

In regards to turn around time... it really depends, it's usually best to contact me BEFORE your upgrade so I can arrange a time to help you with that process so you're not sitting on a new version of XF with an outdated style. It also of course depends on my current workload, if I have deadlines to meet for my current in-progress clients my focus needs to be there, but as I said... if you contact me ahead of time I can arrange some free time :)

Lastly... I was on XenForo answering questions for free for years before I started entering the business side, so any clients who want to upgrade their site by themselves can absolutely use me for a support line :).

Sorry if you weren't expecting a novel :D
The least amount of core template edits, the better. (y) I think that is why we use all your free styles. You typically add 1 line into extras.css and then made your own template outside of XenForo's core. This is what has impressed us and caught our attention.

I prefer a detailed and honest response. :)

It is a lot better than receiving a short answer written in the form of a promotion, but being slightly vague in communication. A lengthy, but honest reply leaves less for confusion & more to quote from for future references.

So no worries about the "novel" ;)

Generally speaking, on average what would that small "patch" fee be for updating a custom style you made? I suspect that will vary based upon the work, but a "best guess" on your average design which maybe outside of that "turn around time" or the realm of quick fixes.

Back with some of the work we've been doing over the past couple months(y)

We're currently in the middle of finishing up with a client and we'll be taking a break for a few weeks for custom work to work on our XenBase Framework and a few styles we want to release.

(y)(y)Thank you to everyone who has recommended us and have referred to us, we truly enjoy doing this!(y)(y)

Some of these are style integrations or PSD -> XenForo Style, and full blown custom style.

portfolio1.webp
portfolio2.webp
portfolio3.webp
portfolio4.webp
portfolio5.webp
portfolio6.webp
portfolio7.webp

If you're interested in a custom style please contact me via: russ @ pixelexit.com or our contact form: http://pixelexit.com/index.php?applicationform/&posid=2

Just beware it could be a few weeks before we're able to begin.

Congrats Russ :) Wont be long before EA are on your back begging you to work for them.. You and Steve have set the bar high for future XF Styles which i think is great.

Very nice work.. http://i.imgur.com/YJlYI5A.png <-- Would you be interested in assisting with this nav system i am working on ? Id like to complete this in the near future (A much more professional version) but the Left Nav system I have working'ish but am having issues getting the close menu "onlick to minimise the nav" to pull the main XF content back into it's orginal place.. It moves fine when opening but on closing it remains stuff out to the right... You seem to have XF sussed out well now.. If you'd like to help fix / complete we can either both use for our own releases or share with the xf community... No rush tho.

Regards, Darren

Top Bottom