1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Crashed!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by OakleyForum, Apr 16, 2013.

1. OakleyForum

OakleyForum Active Member

I tried putting my forum into Debug mode after I had "An unexpected database error occured" and immediately after doing so, I got this message:

Can someone help please! I am restarting my server now, but I don't know if it will work!

2. OakleyForum

Seems to have come back online on its own. But I am updating PHP to version 5.3.x per the recommendations I found on this forum.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. OakleyForum

Error came back, but PHP 5.3 is currently compiling so we will see. Will update once compiling is done.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. OakleyForum

PHP has finished updating and I am still having this issue.

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Same error as above?

Refer to this thread:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/zend-registry-php-on-line-30.34287/

This error should not be possible in PHP 5.3. You need to confirm the PHP version and check for --disable-spl in the PHP Configure Command. Exactly what I posted in the other thread. If the error persists then contact your host or server person to reinstall PHP.

7. OakleyForum

Re-installed PHP 5.3 and it is still occurring!!

8. OakleyForum

9. OakleyForum

Still having the issue, and my hosting company has even tried restoring a backup and it is still occuring. They are saying it isn't an issue with the sever and is a coding issue on your end. Can you please help!

I was thinking of trying to restore my database and files to a fresh VPS

10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

11. OakleyForum

I'm not using XCache. Should I try installing it?

12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

No, it was an underlying cause there.

I'm not sure what else could cause this.

13. OakleyForum

Do you think that restoring the database and files on a new server would fix it? Do you want to take a look at the server?

14. OakleyForum

Any suggestions? I updated PHP and mysql and deleted all the forum files and reuploaded them and still getting it. My next plan is to try a whole new vps.

15. OakleyForum

I just got a brand new VPS and loaded the site on there and it still occured, which means it is definately the forum files/database doing this. Can you please take a look, or figure out what this is? My forum has been down for over 24 hours now! SPL is enabled and PHP and MySQL are both updated so is phpmyadmin.

16. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Download a fresh xenForo install and install it. If that error still happens then yes it is something with the software.

I assume you have completely disabled all Addons?

17. OakleyForum

Ok, so I updated to PHP 4.1.4 after reading this changelog which referenced issues with SPL that were fixed in 4.1.3: http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.4.14

But now I am getting this error:
    I noticed it referenced config.php so I played with that. The forum worked when I chmod 777 my config.php, but that makes it completely vunerable. What is going on!!

When I put config.php on "read" for others, the board works. But doesn't this mean anyone can read the config.php file?? I disabled it for now

18. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have the incorrect permission for files/folders.

19. OakleyForum

Which files/folders though. The error only references config.php and when I chmod777 it, the board works, but that isn't normal

20. OakleyForum

this is in 1.1.3. Should I chmod644 the config.php, get the board running and try to update?