XF 1.4 Forum bug - Users logging in as other users

brunoa

I recently moved my forum to a new server and URL and since then some users are experiencing a bug when they log in. Sometimes they will appear logged in as a different user, with no relation to them. Any action, such as going to the home page or clicking the private messages menu, will cause it to reload and appear logged in as the correct user.

At first, I thought this could be related to the new server using a cache system, but we have un-cached everything but the problem persists, though it doesn't happen very ofter now.

Please help.

This is pretty much textbook over zealous caching. You said everything is uncached now; presumably you identified the cache in question. What system was it? How have you confirmed that it's not involved?

Also note that you need to list your installed URL in your customer area. I tried to look at it so I could check headers, but what's listed isn't accessible. :)

This is pretty much textbook over zealous caching. You said everything is uncached now; presumably you identified the cache in question. What system was it? How have you confirmed that it's not involved?

Also note that you need to list your installed URL in your customer area. I tried to look at it so I could check headers, but what's listed isn't accessible. :)
Thanks for the reply, Mike. The server is running CDN and Varnish, but the application is bypassing it now, according to the server administrator. The URL is forum.outerspace.com.br

Please make sure you have that URL listed in your customer area.

I don't see an obvious indication of Varnish being used, for example. Are you still having the problem? There's nothing in XF itself that would really ever trigger this and every instance of something like this has been down to page caching somewhere.

Top Bottom