XF 2.0 "Confirm your email" button logs me in as OTHER USER!!

geeksquad

New board, just installed 2.0.4 and setting up user groups and permissions. I registered a new user and when I hit the "Confirm your email" button in the account confirmation email the new window opens up and I'm logged in as ANOTHER USER of an already existing account. I'm then able to post as the other user. Once I hit the "home" button I am then logged in as the newly created user. But when I go back to the account confirmation email and hit the "Confirm your email" button again the same thing happens. Another window opens up again as the wrong user and I now have two windows open posting as two different users.

Please help as this issue has stopped me dead in my tracks. I can't go forward and allow people to sign up with my board if there's a risk of someone inadvertently logging into someone else's account.

Last edited:
I opened a ticket with my server support and their exact words "I have checked the server and do not see any caching setup. I have test and not facing any such issue at our end."

Top Bottom