Forum blacks out

sophie1204

I've found that this forum blacks out when the tab it's located in has been inactive for a short period of time. It restores when I refresh the page. Is this simply the forum timing out, or is something else involved here?

Which browser are you using?

I seem to recall this being discussed a while ago.

Safari 5.1.2

I don't need to log back in; just refresh. I'm afraid this is going to happen on my forum, and I don't want it to.

This is interesting, but not very helpful. I don't think reporting it to Apple is going to do anything. I'm wondering if there's a workaround. I can see my users getting pretty annoyed by this.

This is interesting, but not very helpful. I don't think reporting it to Apple is going to do anything. I'm wondering if there's a workaround. I can see my users getting pretty annoyed by this.
Since its a problem with Safari not XF, reporting it to Apple is the best option.

But that's like designing a car that runs on wood chips, and when it breaks down, calling Exxon and saying there's a problem with their wood chips. There ain't no way they're going to respond.

Besides, it doesn't happen with ANY OTHER SITE. It's clearly a problem with the forum.

But that's like designing a car that runs on wood chips, and when it breaks down, calling Exxon and saying there's a problem with their wood chips. There ain't no way they're going to respond.

Besides, it doesn't happen with ANY OTHER SITE. It's clearly a problem with the forum.

You're using a product made by Apple. It's not made by the XenForo Team. And the issue/bug/problem you describe does't happen on other browsers for me so this is clearly a problem with Safari browser.

You're using a product made by Apple. It's not made by the XenForo Team. And the issue/bug/problem you describe does't happen on other browsers for me so this is clearly a problem with Safari browser.
Thanks. I would suspect that given Safari's enormous installed base -- from Macs to iPhones to iPads to PCs and beyond -- the numbers would encourage a small developer like XenForo to address what certainly looks to the uninitiated like a problem pretty much isolated to their software.

Thanks. I would suspect that given Safari's enormous installed base -- from Macs to iPhones to iPads to PCs and beyond -- the numbers would encourage a small developer like XenForo to address what certainly looks to the uninitiated like a problem pretty much isolated to their software.
It isn't, I've seen it happen on a few other sites as well. It isn't a XenForo issue.

Top Bottom