1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum blacks out

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by sophie1204, Feb 21, 2012.

1. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

I've found that this forum blacks out when the tab it's located in has been inactive for a short period of time. It restores when I refresh the page. Is this simply the forum timing out, or is something else involved here?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Which browser are you using?

I seem to recall this being discussed a while ago.

3. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

Safari 5.1.2

I don't need to log back in; just refresh. I'm afraid this is going to happen on my forum, and I don't want it to.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

This is interesting, but not very helpful. I don't think reporting it to Apple is going to do anything. I'm wondering if there's a workaround. I can see my users getting pretty annoyed by this.

6. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Since its a problem with Safari not XF, reporting it to Apple is the best option.

7. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

But that's like designing a car that runs on wood chips, and when it breaks down, calling Exxon and saying there's a problem with their wood chips. There ain't no way they're going to respond.

Besides, it doesn't happen with ANY OTHER SITE. It's clearly a problem with the forum.

8. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

You're using a product made by Apple. It's not made by the XenForo Team. And the issue/bug/problem you describe does't happen on other browsers for me so this is clearly a problem with Safari browser.

9. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

Thanks. I would suspect that given Safari's enormous installed base -- from Macs to iPhones to iPads to PCs and beyond -- the numbers would encourage a small developer like XenForo to address what certainly looks to the uninitiated like a problem pretty much isolated to their software.

10. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

It isn't, I've seen it happen on a few other sites as well. It isn't a XenForo issue.

pjfry, CapnLuffy and Andrej like this.