forPolis -- A community shopping forum

Niteblade

Hello everyone.

The forPolis shopping forum was created in order to provide support for the online store that I wrote in PHP. The ultimate reason for using xF was to use the forum to house product reviews and product related discussions [link]. It has been my personal experience that forum software scales better when compared to Wordpress. However, in addition to offering support and help, my community is also designed to help others monetize their forum, blog, and website using the same backend and product catalog that powers the online store that I personally coded.

At the present time, while certain xF add-ons are being coded, the forum is closed to new registration. When this is changed and the add-ons have been installed and tested, I'll update this thread. One of the add-ons that I'm looking at having coded deals with custom forms and requiring that particular information be present as a condition to registration [link]. (The reason for this is so that there will be, one day, a community money-making aspect to the overall site).

There's nothing stopping people from reading through the content that's already live on the site. And if you're interested in seeing the items contained in the product catalog, then you can check out the forpolis price comparison landing page. The forum, when opened, will help guide others to be able to implement similar things.

That's strange. It loads up fine when I'm doing it. Maybe the server (either mine or the backend's) was getting hammered when you made your request. :)

Let me know if the problem continues.

Hmmmmm, not a great way to begin a thread I must say. But this is something that I needed to become aware of. I wrapped a conditional PHP statement around that foreach statement in order to hide that error when there actually is an error.

From my machine, the page always loads with no issue at all, so I assumed everything was just fine and dandy. I'd be interested in hearing what other have to say as time goes on.

Thanks for the feedback, Fuhrmann. It is really appreciated!

Attachments

• forpolis-screenshot.webp
    forpolis-screenshot.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 16
Hmmmmm, not a great way to begin a thread I must say. But this is something that I needed to become aware of. I wrapped a conditional PHP statement around that foreach statement in order to hide that error when there actually is an error.

From my machine, the page always loads with no issue at all, so I assumed everything was just fine and dandy. I'd be interested in hearing what other have to say as time goes on.

Thanks for the feedback, Fuhrmann. It is really appreciated!

Just for your information, working fine now:

1.webp

Top Bottom