Starting a community forum to help everyone.

UGTeam

I have just started to re develop the best ever WebMasters theme from 20 years ago and i have made the style and kept the integrity of the site so i would like to get some opinions about how the site is looking, as i am on my own it will take a long time to get things right, i would value and appreciate any help and opinions i can get.

Thank you in advance.

Website is World WebMasters and Community Junctions

wjunctions

Last edited:
It's a style that I had never seen before so from this point of view it's original, good point.

Personally I find that the outer and inner shadows are too pronounced but maybe others will like it.
You could color a few things a bit to make everything less dull, the buttons for example.
It looks like your logo is not showing.

Otherwise I wish you great success for this new forum.

things i wanted to get opinions so i don't make mistakes,
First thing I’d advise is to not edit the style itself, but to create a new style that is a child of it. That will then look the same as it inherits the settings. You can then edit (play with) the child theme and quickly revert to the parent if it suddenly all goes wrong.

It’s also means nothing gets lost if/when the theme gets an update.

Hi Mr Lucky good to see you again.
Thank you for that awesome advice, i have exported the xml from main wjunction, then imorted the style as a child style of wjunction, then i selected that no one can select the child theme except admins, so that i can edit the child and users use the main wjunction with no changes.

Thank you that has saved my bacon from making a huge mistake, join me if you want so we can chat some more at wjunctions

Last edited:
Thank you for that awesome advice, i have exported the xml from main wjunction, then imorted the style as a child style of wjunction
I'm not sure that is the way to go. I would try just create a new (default) style (from the add style button) that is a child of wjunction.

I'm not sure that is the way to go. I would try just create a new (default) style (from the add style button) that is a child of wjunction.
OK, I have deleted and removed the dark style i created, then clicked add style, named it wjunctions child, selected original wjunctions as parent and un checked users can select and then the style was created by xenforo. Thank you again i really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Yes good luck. Make notes as you go along and test/view each step otherwise it can be harder to diagnose what went wrong.

It's a style that I had never seen before so from this point of view it's original, good point.

Personally I find that the outer and inner shadows are too pronounced but maybe others will like it.
You could color a few things a bit to make everything less dull, the buttons for example.

LOOK:

wjunctions

Last edited:
Home page is a bit odd, just a big blank notice saying you haven’t joined any rooms.

It would be worth saying what the forum is about at least:

99A9351B-5B99-41A4-9199-2B3FC638085A.webp

Last edited:
Hi.
I have just now opened my new webmasters and community website for all types of skills and knowledge, Webmaster, Gamers, Graphic Artists, Freelancers, PC Experts (Geeks) even GFX and Cryptocurrencies, i have based my site on the original design of wjunction from 20 years ago running vBulletin V3.8.6 and i have designed it on Xenforo V2.2.8 with UI.X2 theme and it runs flawlessly, i must say Xenforo is one of, if not the best and fastest platforms i have been on.

My aim is to bring all this talent together in 1 place, I even have all guests able to freely chat on the chatbox so that they can speak with Staff and members if they want to ask us something before they register.

Regards.
WJunction

The site is still being worked on in certain areas but it won't effect the use or stability of the site it self.

WJunctions.com

WJunctions1.png

Last edited:

That theme has now been replaced with the original theme design from 20 years ago WJunctions best WebMasters theme ever.

Top Bottom