1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgot Password link not showing verification

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Kainzo, May 28, 2013.

1. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

I'm not sure when this started happening - but for some reason when I click on Forgot Password on my forums it does not show anything under the Verification area so I cannot resend a new password.

This is affecting all users and I've tested chrome/firefox and IE.

here's an image.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That looks like a problem with the Are You A Human add-on you have installed.
  3. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

I assumed as much, I've tested that it works correctly on registration.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have any outdated templates?
  5. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Oh :( my god yes.

attached_file.css / bb_code.css / discussion_lists.css / form.css / forum_view / member_view.css / message_user_info / moderator_bar / navigation / navigation.css / navigation_visitor_tab / node_category_level_2 / node_forum_level_2 / profile_post_comment / public.css / thread_View / xenforo.css / xenforo_overlay.css / xenforo_sections.css / wf_default_extra.css
  6. Brogan

If you are using a custom style, you will need to wait for the author to update it for the latest XenForo release.
  7. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Ah... guess I couldn't update them myself. I notice most of these outdated templates are from 1.01 heh.
  8. Brogan

You can update them yourself.
    You will need to revert them and then incorporate the style specific changes back in to the updated templates.
  9. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Creating a test style now so I can start this process... I think I may have deleted the default style as well... where can I find the updated templates? heh

Appreciate the help!
  10. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Alrighty - I created a new style (completely default) and it's still having the missing text, so I think that there's an addon conflicting here.
  11. Brogan

Disable all add-ons and reenable them one by one to find the culprit.
    Also check any TMS edits, if you have that add-on installed.
  12. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

I went to User Options -> Use CAPTCHA for Lost Password Form

unchecked it and retried and it worked.

Going to check into TMS edits.
  13. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I'm using this captcha, and it works fine on the lost password, etc. Very simple for the user to figure out what to do and requires physical interaction.