• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Forgot Password link not showing verification

Kainzo

Greetings,

I'm not sure when this started happening - but for some reason when I click on Forgot Password on my forums it does not show anything under the Verification area so I cannot resend a new password.

This is affecting all users and I've tested chrome/firefox and IE.

here's an image.

Kainzo

Do you have any outdated templates?
Oh :( my god yes.

Outdated:
attached_file.css / bb_code.css / discussion_lists.css / form.css / forum_view / member_view.css / message_user_info / moderator_bar / navigation / navigation.css / navigation_visitor_tab / node_category_level_2 / node_forum_level_2 / profile_post_comment / public.css / thread_View / xenforo.css / xenforo_overlay.css / xenforo_sections.css / wf_default_extra.css

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If you are using a custom style, you will need to wait for the author to update it for the latest XenForo release.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You can update them yourself.
You will need to revert them and then incorporate the style specific changes back in to the updated templates.

Kainzo

You will need to revert them and then incorporate the style specific changes back in to the updated templates.
Creating a test style now so I can start this process... I think I may have deleted the default style as well... where can I find the updated templates? heh

Appreciate the help!

Kainzo

Alrighty - I created a new style (completely default) and it's still having the missing text, so I think that there's an addon conflicting here.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Disable all add-ons and reenable them one by one to find the culprit.
Also check any TMS edits, if you have that add-on installed.

Kainzo

Disable all add-ons and reenable them one by one to find the culprit.
Also check any TMS edits, if you have that add-on installed.
I went to User Options -> Use CAPTCHA for Lost Password Form

unchecked it and retried and it worked.

Going to check into TMS edits.