1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forcing HTTP to HTTPS

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by tlalokay, Feb 4, 2015.

1. tlalokay

tlalokay New Member

Good Afternoon,

I've read through most of the threads dealing with forcing HTTP to HTTPS on this forum and others. I've done my best to follow the directions in modifying the .htaccess file in the root directory for the domain.

The SSL certificate appears to be working since the forum shows that its secured with the HTTPS prefix, however it's not redirecting as it should.

The way I have the root folder set up is with a wordpress installation in the root directory [which is properly redirecting with the HTTPS plugin] and then a subfolder for the forum which contains the XF installation.

However, nothing seems to work. I've uploaded the .htaccess file. Any help would be appreciated...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

3. tlalokay

tlalokay New Member

Thank you for responding. Does anyone have any suggestions for forcing HTTPS?
  4. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

Listen to HTTP in port 80, to HPPS in 443 and redirect HTTP traffic to HTTPS. It's easy in nginx.
  5. batpool52!

batpool52! Well-Known Member

$_SERVER['HTTPS'] = 'on';
    in config.php
    novice likes this.
  6. Votick

Votick Member

I did this this week for our site.
    Below is the .htaccess I'm using which works 100%.