Lack of interest Forced Tags

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

The Dark Wizard

Hello,

I would like to suggest the idea of forcing certain tags on a node type basis. This would be excellent for discussion forums to have a better control of tags/filtering, particularly those around a product or in my case, a large writing site.

Quietly dreams about making the only tags usable, the different types of writing genres.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm not sure what you mean by "forcing certain tags". I did manage to neglect to mention that you can require a minimum number of tags on threads per node.

Oh neat, thank you for that.

I also mean that only certain words could be used for tags in certain forums. So like a whitelisting feature.

So think the censor function but backwards.

So I could set it so that Node A could only use say pie, soda, fries, snacks, etc. This would go great with the fact that you mentioned that the amount of tags can be limited on a node basis.

Does it make sense this time around? Would you need another example or does it make sense this time?

Last edited:
I used a MOD called Automatic Thread Tagger From Post Content and Title to attain a similar feature on vB, which was a lifesaver when it came to automatically populating TAGs for threads. One nice feature it had was that it allowed you to set default tags for a forum, so if you had forum discussing things in California the MOD could automatically TAG all threads created (just in that one forum) with the TAG California, etc.

Top Bottom