Lack of interest Force phrase version upgrade in child languages when phrase content has not been changed

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Aivaras

Just finished translating the 4K+ outdated phrases for v2.2.2. Took a few weeks, working several hours a day, to accomplish this.

Many (if not most) of these phrases have to do with the integrated emoji library, and many (if not most) of these latter contain the same text as their previous version counterparts, the only thing changed being their version.

To make sure I'm not missing something, I went phrase by phrase, spending a 1–2 weeks-worth amount of time and energy on "nothing changed but version." Multiplied by the number of XF admins/translators who have to go through the same pain, this may accumulate to months and even years of collective counter-productivity.

And there will likely be another en masse version update of emoji phrases in the future… Scary!

The next time the XF team is about to increment phrase versions, I suggest the following:
  1. compare phrase contents between versions;
  2. if the contents match, force phrase version upgrade in all the languages, including the children.
This way the list of outdated phrases will contain only the phrases whose contents have been changed. It is these specific phrases that require the admin's attention.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom