Force Custom User Field Completion after Registration or Login

Force Custom User Field Completion after Registration or Login [Paid] v1.8.8

No permission to buy ($9.00)
Wutime updated Force Custom User Field Completion after Registration or Login with a new update entry:

v1.8.0 - Load on select controllers instead of all controllers

This is a complete overhaul of the system to ensure it doesn't interfere with popups and other parts of Xenforo:
  • Forced fields system now executes itself only on the following pages
    • Forum Index
    • Forum Lists
    • Forums Threads
    • Search page
    • Member pages
    • Media pages
    • What's new pages
  • All other pages and sections of Xenforo are ignored to ensure it doesn't interfere with other features/options/pages/transactions/payments etc

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can this add-on be set so that users won't be prompt for completion of additional information until after X days of first login?

I have a question - when a user is forced to e.g. state his location (e.g. New York) - will it say "New York" below or beside the email&Ip adress when we approve the user?

We have manual control for acceptance of new members, and we want to force the user to state his name and phone number, but we also need to see the info the user has entered in the fields before approving the member.

@katoona, this addon forces "fields you've made required" AFTER they've successfully logged in (whether you manually approve, or require them to confirm their email address, etc).

If you "require" users to enter their location and state for approval then you'd want to make these fields required at registration so they have to complete those prior to accessing your community. Doing so would then make them available for your mods/admins to view those fields and approve manually based on their input.

Given the above, perhaps this add-on doesn't fit your needs? Or, I'm misunderstanding what you want to do. Feel free to send me a conversation if you want to discuss further.

This add-on's main aim is two fold:
  1. Keep the initial registration form super easy and quick to complete for new members
  2. Ensure mandatory fields are enforced AFTER registration and successful initial login

I misunderstood the purpose of the addon, and I see that it says "After registration", and what I am looking for is a way to see their input in their custom fields, but I want to have custom fields that will not show in their Profile. I want to be able to see their real name and phonenumber so in case that we have any doubts about the user, we can actually call him to verify that he is real. We have had a similar system which I had made for our earlier VB forum, and this way no robot, spammer etc. will manage to get through.

I want custom fields for their Name and Phonenumber, and I want to be able to see that before approving the user, but once the user is approved, this information is not publically available in the profile. For a split second I thought this addon might fit my needs, but I see that it doesnt. My mistake

Gotcha @katoona, I'm pretty sure you can accomplish this with the default features already in Xenforo. Set the custom fields to "not show on profile", but make the fields "mandatory at registration". That's it.

I took the time to take a screenshot of what you're looking to do. You don't need an addon for this.

Under "Custom user fields" -> "General options" do the following:

1590343610207.png

Do the above for each "custom user field" you need to work this way, such as "phone number" like you mentioned.

Hello @Wutime,
First of all I wanted to say that I greatly appreciate your time, and efforts throughout this community your addons for many 'professional' sites are must have and I wanted to say thank you for the time you dedicate.

I was just wondering whether with this addon whether there was a way to have their answers for these fields to be displayed on their post bit?
My site we have options such as to share your beliefs eg: Bigfoot/Aliens etc and what we are trying to do is get a little icon/image to display in their postbit for each and every choice they answer.

Can this do it? Is it a possibility or am I better off looking elsewhere?

@Exotic_Peacock you can do this with XF:
  • Look under "Custom user fields" ( admin.php?custom-user-fields )
  • Then under "General Options"
  • Check "Viewable in message user info"

When a custom user field is marked as editable only once, it gets thrown out of the list which renders this add-on useless in my case. If I unchecked editable only once this will make existing users who have already completed the user field to be able to change their first selection. It would be appreciated if you can add the ability to force custom fields that have editable only once condition. Thanks in advance.

@ALMUSA let me do some testing locally and see if there's a work around I can integrate into an update.

Thanks for the heads up on the issue.

Reactions: KSA
Top Bottom