1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Footer Links

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Peggy, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to decipher where to place links in my footer.
    Could someone guide me? I would like for them to appear below the style/language choosers/copyright text.

Here's my footer template content -

Code:
    <xen:edithint template="footer.css" />

<div class="footer">
        <div class="pageWidth">
            <div class="pageContent">
                <xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle} OR {$canChangeLanguage}">
                <dl class="choosers">
                    <xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase style}</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}" data-offsetY="-11">{$visitorStyle.title}</a></dd>
                    </xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$canChangeLanguage}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase language}</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/language', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase language_chooser}" data-offsetY="-11">{$visitorLanguage.title}</a></dd>
                </dl>

<ul class="legal">
                    <li id="copyright">{xen:phrase xenforo_copyright}</li>
                    <li><span>Flexile theme by Erik Swan.</span></li>
                </ul>

<ul class="footerLinks">
                <xen:hook name="footer_links">
                    <xen:hook name="footer_links_legal">
                        <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}"><li><a href="{$tosUrl}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}"><li><a href="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}">{xen:phrase privacy_policy}</a></li></xen:if>
                    </xen:hook>
                    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'default'">
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                    <xen:elseif is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'custom'" />
                        <li><a href="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.custom}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                    <xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
                    </xen:hook>
                </ul>

<span class="helper"></span>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

<div class="footerLegal">
        <div class="pageWidth">
            <div class="pageContent">
                <xen:if is="{$debugMode}">
                    <xen:if hascontent="true">
                        <dl class="pairsInline" title="{$controllerName}-&gt;{$controllerAction}{xen:if $viewName, ' ({$viewName})'}">
                        <xen:contentcheck>
                            <xen:if is="{$page_time}"><dt>{xen:phrase timing}:</dt> <dd><a href="{$debug_url}">{xen:phrase x_seconds, 'time={xen:number $page_time, 4}'}</a></dd></xen:if>
                            <xen:if is="{$memory_usage}"><dt>{xen:phrase memory}:</dt> <dd>{xen:phrase x_mb, 'memory={xen:number {xen:calc "{$memory_usage} / 1024 / 1024"}, 3}'}</dd></xen:if>
                            <xen:if is="{$db_queries}"><dt>{xen:phrase db_queries}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number {$db_queries}}</dd></xen:if>
                        </xen:contentcheck>
                        </dl>

<span class="helper"></span>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    Thanks in advance!

2. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

At the end of the template i would assume.
    Unless im missing something which is entirely possible..
    Thats where mine are here... http://www.doberman-chat.com/community/index.php
    But for whatever reason that seemed far to easy so im guessing im wrong and probably messed up some sort of code validation on my own site. ;)

ArnyVee likes this.
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

LOL don't be so negative. I'm going to try it and see what I come up with.
    Thanks!

FredC likes this.
  4. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

lol, You try managing a cursed forum and be positive at the same time. :p But thanks that made me laugh.

5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

oh pppfffttt it's not cursed. You'll get it worked out, I'm sure.

FredC likes this.
  6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

That worked, thanks!

FredC likes this.
  7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

We'd be willing to do a footer link exchange with all of you if you'd like to do the same with us :)

I'll be adding the footer links this weekend, so if anyone wants to do that, let's get something going :D

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I'm in Arny. I was going to ask you anyway since your TV site would fit nicely with my parents site, imo.
    I'll start another thread for this.

9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Ok I successfully got my link in the footer, however, it's a totally different color than the other links (copyright, home, contact us, etc).
    I actually want these links to be white, so how do I go about getting them to be white? What code would I add to my link code (example shown below)?

Code:
    <div style="text-align: center;">
    <li><a href="http://thecraftingforum.com" target="_blank" title="A fun discussion forum for all things crafty!">The Crafting Forum</a></li>
    </div>

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This will do it.
    Code:
    <a style="color: white" title="A fun discussion forum for all things crafty!" target="_blank" href="http://thecraftingforum.com">The Crafting Forum</a>
    However, if you use the same code as the theme, it should automatically match your other links.

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Great! That's the completely correct code. I didn't know how to get all to look like that, so settled for what I had since it worked.
    Now it is css'ly correct. :D

Thanks Brogan.

12. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Code:
    <div style="text-align: center;">
                <a href="http://weheartourkids.com" target="_blank" title="A fun discussion forum for parents!"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">We &hearts; Our Kids!</span></a></div>
    you can change the rgb to a hex# to color: #FFFFFF if you prefer

13. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Bla im 3 minutes slower then the Human XF Wiki :D

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

ROFL!!

15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

How would I do that?