Footer Links

Peggy

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to decipher where to place links in my footer.
Could someone guide me? I would like for them to appear below the style/language choosers/copyright text.

Here's my footer template content -

Code:
<xen:edithint template="footer.css" />

<div class="footer">
    <div class="pageWidth">
        <div class="pageContent">
            <xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle} OR {$canChangeLanguage}">
            <dl class="choosers">
                <xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}">
                    <dt>{xen:phrase style}</dt>
                    <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}" data-offsetY="-11">{$visitorStyle.title}</a></dd>
                </xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$canChangeLanguage}">
                    <dt>{xen:phrase language}</dt>
                    <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/language', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase language_chooser}" data-offsetY="-11">{$visitorLanguage.title}</a></dd>
            </dl>

<ul class="legal">
                <li id="copyright">{xen:phrase xenforo_copyright}</li>
                <li><span>Flexile theme by Erik Swan.</span></li>
            </ul>

<ul class="footerLinks">
            <xen:hook name="footer_links">
                <xen:hook name="footer_links_legal">
                    <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}"><li><a href="{$tosUrl}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}"><li><a href="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}">{xen:phrase privacy_policy}</a></li></xen:if>
                </xen:hook>
                <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'default'">
                    <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                <xen:elseif is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'custom'" />
                    <li><a href="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.custom}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                <xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>
                <li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
                </xen:hook>
            </ul>

<span class="helper"></span>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

<div class="footerLegal">
    <div class="pageWidth">
        <div class="pageContent">
            <xen:if is="{$debugMode}">
                <xen:if hascontent="true">
                    <dl class="pairsInline" title="{$controllerName}-&gt;{$controllerAction}{xen:if $viewName, ' ({$viewName})'}">
                    <xen:contentcheck>
                        <xen:if is="{$page_time}"><dt>{xen:phrase timing}:</dt> <dd><a href="{$debug_url}">{xen:phrase x_seconds, 'time={xen:number $page_time, 4}'}</a></dd></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$memory_usage}"><dt>{xen:phrase memory}:</dt> <dd>{xen:phrase x_mb, 'memory={xen:number {xen:calc "{$memory_usage} / 1024 / 1024"}, 3}'}</dd></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$db_queries}"><dt>{xen:phrase db_queries}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number {$db_queries}}</dd></xen:if>
                    </xen:contentcheck>
                    </dl>

<span class="helper"></span>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

Thanks in advance!

We'd be willing to do a footer link exchange with all of you if you'd like to do the same with us :)

I'll be adding the footer links this weekend, so if anyone wants to do that, let's get something going :D

I'm in Arny. I was going to ask you anyway since your TV site would fit nicely with my parents site, imo.
I'll start another thread for this.

Ok I successfully got my link in the footer, however, it's a totally different color than the other links (copyright, home, contact us, etc).
I actually want these links to be white, so how do I go about getting them to be white? What code would I add to my link code (example shown below)?

Code:
<div style="text-align: center;">
<li><a href="http://thecraftingforum.com" target="_blank" title="A fun discussion forum for all things crafty!">The Crafting Forum</a></li>
</div>

This will do it.
Code:
<a style="color: white" title="A fun discussion forum for all things crafty!" target="_blank" href="http://thecraftingforum.com">The Crafting Forum</a>

However, if you use the same code as the theme, it should automatically match your other links.

Great! That's the completely correct code. I didn't know how to get all to look like that, so settled for what I had since it worked.
Now it is css'ly correct. :D

Thanks Brogan.

Code:
<div style="text-align: center;">
            <a href="http://weheartourkids.com" target="_blank" title="A fun discussion forum for parents!"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">We &hearts; Our Kids!</span></a></div>
you can change the rgb to a hex# to color: #FFFFFF if you prefer

Top Bottom