Food Fantasia

The LED lights on the bottom are a very nice touch. It seems you surround yourself with simplistic but highly-functioning environments wherever you go. :)

Well when we moved in we had this... which was horrible (you can't really see from the pic, but it was horribly installed - nothing really worked right)

So then we went through a short period of this...

Before ending up with this.

VERY nice!!! :D love those cool blue lights, I might steal that idea, LED I take it? I would have to go with a different colour though, blue is not my thing :p LOVE what you have done, I can see how the flow and usability has been greatly increased.

We are kind of in the pre state, but ours is even worse, when I clean it up a bit I will get a pic :p I shouldn't complain really, we came from a small inner city semi, and my kitchen for years was literally 1.2m x 1.4m we have a large space here at least I can actually move in it :p

Thanks for posting those pics Kier :)

They are actually decking LEDs that I installed into the plinths with a hole saw - and they really don't look as blue as they seem in the photos.

I think my favourite thing in the kitchen has to be the pull-out larder. I'll see if I can get a pic of that.

The pull-out larder <3 <3

1DN65914-Edit.webp

1DN65916-Edit.webp

Hmm, ASCII hearts don't really work in Georgia, do they?
Edit - changed their font :)

Nice work Kier, did you do the remodel yourself? (I'm a big do-it-yourselfer so that's something else we would have in common ;) )

Nice work Kier, did you do the remodel yourself? (I'm a big do-it-yourselfer so that's something else we would have in common ;) )
I designed it, but no, I had to get someone in to actually build (most of) it, as I was busy producing vBulletin 3.6 at the time.

That pull-out thing is just awesome. Now my kitchen looks lame, even if no serious cooking actually happens in it often. :(

The pull-out larder <3 <3

those are neat! :D I like that idea, my pantry is quite difficult to keep tidy, and it can be very hard to find things!

I found a pic of our kitchen from before we purchased the house or moved in, we have made some interim changes, like we replaced the 40 year old stove with a more modern stainless steel one, but it is still electric and terribly inefficient. We painted and have moved that large pantry unit, added a dishwaser.. and it is also not quite so empty now LOL but I am looking forward to the day we can afford to rip the whole thing out and have my dream kitchen installed.

kitchen_before.webp

I would love a kitchen that big, but here in England you'll pay a fortune for a house with rooms that size.

Yeah, the size of the kitchen was a huge decider in buying the house actually, unfortunately we don't have a seperate dining room currently so the dining table has to go in there :p takes up a lot of space. The ultimate plan is to add on another living/dining room, and then make this lovely big space into all kitchen, but the $$$ to do that means it will be a while :p

They are actually decking LEDs that I installed into the plinths with a hole saw - and they really don't look as blue as they seem in the photos.

I think my favourite thing in the kitchen has to be the pull-out larder. I'll see if I can get a pic of that.

The LEDs are wired up yeah?

Right back onto da food, just brought a nice piece of rump that I'll take the boning knife to later and roll up with some herbs, mustard, and the like.

The LEDs are wired up yeah?

Right back onto da food, just brought a nice piece of rump that I'll take the boning knife to later and roll up with some herbs, mustard, and the like.
Yes, they are on the same circuit as the in-and-under cabinet lighting.

Right roast beef with 'erbs, for our American cousins, fresh from the garden. Follow along kids, this is easy to prepare and if I can make it without burning down the kitchen then there's hope for everyone.

roastbeef_defat.webp

So this is a piece of rump with all the excess fat removed, don't let them tell you that fat is needed to keep the meat tender there's a trick there. That would be fresh rosemary and bay leaves to the right. And yes fresh bay leaves are another dimension to any meal.

roastbeef_herbs.webp

Have added mustard, the 'erbs mon, garlic (looks like apple in this shot), and a liberal dusting of ground black pepper and ground coriandor.

roastbeef_trussed.webp

The Beef tied up and ready for the oven.

roastbeef_jus1.webp

And the finished result, plated up and ready to eat.

We are smack dab in the middle of a DIY kitchen remodel. Can't wait to get the new kitchen in and functional. Kier, yours looks great and a very workable design. Dragonfly - oh, the vast openness! :)~

We are smack dab in the middle of a DIY kitchen remodel. Can't wait to get the new kitchen in and functional. Kier, yours looks great and a very workable design. Dragonfly - oh, the vast openness! :)~

Will you show us an After shot Susan? :D

Top Bottom