Food Fantasia

It was very nice actually, I think I might even have some sticky toffee pudding and custard for afters.

Well it is Friday night here... and Friday night means Pizza night!

Home made of course! I make pizzas from scratch every Friday night, the dough I make in the afternoon and it's ready to go by evening, I always make extra dough as we often have extra mouths on Friday for some reason :p And the left over dough is great the next day for Cheese and Bacon rolls, or various other yummy things!

Tonight's pizza delight was, Chicken supreme with everything but the kitchen sink on it including some veggies, and topped with fresh Basil (my fave herb)! Was yummy!

Kims_chickenSupreme_pizza.jpg

I also made a large pizza each for my son and his friend who is staying over for a gaming night :| ... but disaster struck with one of them, it slipped out of my grip when I was taking it out, and in the scrabble to try to save it.....the whole dang topping slipped off and went everywhere - all over the floor, under the oven, all over the oven door and in the crack between the oven and door too... >_< OMG it was a mess, mind you the dogs enjoyed cleaning it up off the floor!!! But I am not looking forward to cleaning the oven tomorrow! And I had to make another one >_< lol hungry teens!

Well here is ours.. it was yummy! No dough left over tonight, but some pizza left over for lunch tomorrow... or breakfast

Holy Mother of Cuisine! :eek: When I request my last meal someday, will you make one of those for me? Pleeeaasseee? Or can I least be one of your dogs in case you spill it again? :p

Holy Mother of Cuisine! :eek: When I request my last meal someday, will you make one of those for me? Pleeeaasseee? Or can I least be one of your dogs in case you spill it again? :p

LOL, well if you clean my oven I might make you one :p

foodforthought1.png

this is made with veggies from my garden not recently but i will say it tasted awesome... I grilled the beef half cooked, let it cool completely then flour bathed it with seasoned flour and then sliced and pan fried it with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and added the veggies which i cooked in another pan after the onions were caramelized. This wasn't too recent but since i had it laying around I decided to post it.

this is made with veggies from my garden not recently but i will say it tasted awesome... I grilled the beef half cooked, let it cool completely then flour bathed it with seasoned flour and then sliced and pan fried it with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and added the veggies which i cooked in another pan after the onions were caramelized. This wasn't too recent but since i had it laying around I decided to post it.

That looks great, your peppers look very tasty! I have only a few things growing in my garden, lots of herbs which I use all the time, but not many veggies...I don't really have room to grow a lot, but I want to get a proper veggie garden going! The other day I purchased some lettuce seedlings, along with Rocquet, Cucumber, and more herbs, will have to plant them out this weekend :p.

Thanks for sharing!

Jerk chicken nachos last night.

Pan fry a butterflied and seasoned chicken breast:
IMG_1813-600.webp

Slice the chicken:
IMG_1814-600.webp

On a bed of refried beans, add layers of chips, chicken, chilis and cheese:
IMG_1818-600.webp

And bake at around 200 celcius for ten minutes.
IMG_1820-600.webp

Om nom nom nom!

That looks great, your peppers look very tasty! I have only a few things growing in my garden, lots of herbs which I use all the time, but not many veggies...I don't really have room to grow a lot, but I want to get a proper veggie garden going! The other day I purchased some lettuce seedlings, along with Rocquet, Cucumber, and more herbs, will have to plant them out this weekend :p.

Thanks for sharing!
You might be good setting up a hydroponic setup in your home like in a garage or basement...
Veggies grow MUCH faster under hydro and aeroponics. Maybe making a starter setup using hydro you can start your seedlings and mature them to the flowering point faster.Once they are of good size and quality you can move them to outdoor as in the hydro the root-ball they develop becomes ginormous and you can expect HUGE fruits and veggies.. They are simple to build and can be as small and large as you want. You can build them out of anything. I posted a video for you to see a visual of what i'm saying.

don't want to change the topic here but if you like veggies a way to grow them seems relevant to me when it comes to food.....this was built for 39 USD in my home with a power drill and 27 minutes of time.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Also you may notice i'm barefoot here. :-)

Jerk chicken nachos last night.

Pan fry a butterflied and seasoned chicken breast:
View attachment 1523

Slice the chicken:
View attachment 1524

On a bed of refried beans, add layers of chips, chicken, chilis and cheese:
View attachment 1525

And bake at around 200 celcius for ten minutes.
View attachment 1526

Om nom nom nom!

Awesome! I love the look of that, will have to try it :D

What did you season the Chicken with?

You might be good setting up a hydroponic setup in your home like in a garage or basement...
Veggies grow MUCH faster under hydro and aeroponics.

Thanks for the vid EQnoble, will check it out from my other computer (this one has a sound problem I have been meaning to get fixed, just can't be without it currently lol ) \

Hyroponics are used a lot commercially here .. but most domestic installations are probably not for Veggies
rasta.gif
whistling.gif

We get plenty of sunlight (some would say more than plenty!) and I would hate to waste all that power to light them by having them inside, not sure if you can set up hydro outside.

Veggies grow MUCH faster under hydro and aeroponics. Maybe making a starter setup using hydro you can start your seedlings and mature them to the flowering point faster.Once they are of good size and quality you can move them to outdoor as in the hydro the root-ball they develop becomes ginormous and you can expect HUGE fruits and veggies.. They are simple to build and can be as small and large as you want. You can build them out of anything. I posted a video for you to see a visual of what i'm saying.

don't want to change the topic here but if you like veggies a way to grow them seems relevant to me when it comes to food.....this was built for 39 USD in my home with a power drill and 27 minutes of time.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Also you may notice i'm barefoot here. :)
We're looking at an aerogarden system since building our own just isn't in the "genes". Looking at a tri level system. One for herbs, one for just lettuce, and one for the other salad veggies. Liz

Thanks for the vid EQnoble, will check it out from my other computer (this one has a sound problem I have been meaning to get fixed, just can't be without it currently lol ) \
Hyroponics are used a lot commercially here .. but most domestic installations are probably not for Veggies
rasta.gif
whistling.gif

We get plenty of sunlight (some would say more than plenty!) and I would hate to waste all that power to light them by having them inside, not sure if you can set up hydro outside.

A simple greenhouse to keep pests out and yes you can...as long as the water system can't be compromised by the elements you would be ok...and actually if the water/feed stays ambient to the surroundings you don't run the risk of shock ( to the plants not electrical ) when the pumps turn on. I won't post anymore gardening tips here (for topics sake) but if you can give me usable dimensions for your gardening space I can sketch up and scan a quick layout of what you can do , though I don't know pricing and availability of materials in your area. but generally use pvc to make a frame and clear plastic soft-goods to wrap the structure with and you got a green house. If heat is a problem you can add co2 (foodservice think pepsi fountain) into the air and it can maintain life in average temperatures 20 degrees warmer without burning or wilt.

as a note... all you will hear is a bunch of white noise from air-movers and such in the video so I recommend muting it anyways.

We're looking at an aerogarden system since building our own just isn't in the "genes". Looking at a tri level system. One for herbs, one for just lettuce, and one for the other salad veggies. Liz

I would just get an aero tray if you don't like building.. those systems are over priced for what they produce...( you have to look at the light spread like the angle it moves outward and downward at.)

If you want some advice on it pm me and I'll start a Tech-Gardeners Thread as I don't want to pillage DragonFly's thread here :-) ( That goes for anyone.)

On-Topic: Sundays I make homemade gnocchi and sauce and if I remember ( start early at 4 am) I will get some footage of the process as it goes. If not at least some pictures so y'all can get a general idea of the way we do it in our family.

That looks fan-fricken-tastic WOW either you are an awesome cook or your misses takes good care of you.

This thread makes me hungry
I do the cooking in this house - though Mrs. Kier's chile con carne is very good indeed. :)

Awesome! I love the look of that, will have to try it :D

What did you season the Chicken with?
It's a jerk seasoning made with garlic, cayenne pepper, dried onions, black pepper, celery, coriander, paprika, sage, pimento, cinnamon and thyme all blitzed together and dried.

Top Bottom